Monday, March 9, 2009

Kansas City Here We Come!

A while back Tyson was accepted to medical school in Kansas City, Missouri (KCUMB). We haven't heard back from any other school yet (and haven't put forth a lot of effort to get accepted anywhere else) but that is OK because the more Tyson and I look at KCUMB the more we love it and think it is perfect for Tyson. School starts in August and we'll probably move in the beginning to middle of July.

KCUMB is an osteopathic medical school where he'll become a DO instead of an MD (which means that he'll be able to do all the same things as an MD but the DO program focuses more on preventative medicine instead of always using drugs as a cure all.

We recently found housing in Kansas City...so the likelihood of us going to school there is high enough that we are putting money into housing. The place is very family friend and actually has a pretty large LDS community. It is about 5 minutes away from where the new temple is being built and 10 minutes away from church sites like Liberty and Adam-ondi-omen.

So, with joy as well as sadness...we will be saying "farewell" to Utah. This will be the first time I've lived outside of Utah (except when I went for a semester to BYU-Idaho...but please...as if that really counts as "out of Utah"). It will be scary, it will be fun, it will be an adventure. But we'll miss everyone here.

8 comments:

Laura Jett said...

Are you freaking kidding me?!? That sucks!! I don't want you guys to move so far away!! How will Dante and Eden ever date?!? lol. ;) Well, i'm glad you guys feel good about it though! That is way important! you be sure to tell us before you up and leave though! We'll have to have an "old Sorenson employee" farewell party for you. :D

brittany said...

That sounds like such a neat experience for you guys! I can't believe everyone is going to be going their separate ways soon, so crazy!

Macie said...

I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE! Who am I going to hang out with? But I fully support you. You guys will do great out there!

Sharlee said...

Kansas? So far away! But it will be a great experience, I'm sure! Can we come visit and see all the Church History stuff? I love both those places and I want to take Zach to see them... Good thing we have facebook and blogs so we can still talk to you! we'll have to have lots of LunchBunch parties before you go! Ps, thanks for the memo about Spence and Jenilee- can't wait to see the babe!

Annegirl said...

I am excited for you guys! Stake down the D of A plot before all the good spots are taken for the millennium, eh? We will miss you SO much!! Thank goodness for blogs!

Rachel said...

I agree with the others. Boo to moving on with life. I know, I know, we don't want to be in this stage of life forever, but I really hate it when OTHERS move away and leave me here. The good news is, we'll be following you shortly (not to Kansas, but moving on with life as well...hopefully to someplace a bit warmer!)

Yay, for husbands that have worked REALLY hard and planning for the future.

jerbonashfoy said...

You will be missed! But remember to keep up on your blog so that we can see what you are up to. As for your question about Alicia and Matt. I think I know them. They both look really familiar, I think I might remember one or both of them from school.

Barb Elder said...

Way cool! What a great adventure for you and your family. Tyson is such a wonderful person, He will do great!! I will miss you and Eden. Thank goodness for blogs!!