- Eden loves to help wash the dishes. She originally just stood on a stool with the person washing dishes and just played with the water and bubbles. But she's watched and learned that you grab something out, dip it in the water (she would probably wash if she had a rag in hand), shake it off, and put it on the side to dry.
- Eden loves her cousin Eva (4 months old). If Eva is crying she gets so concerned. She will sit next to her, give her a toy to play with, and pats her nicely to try and calm her down. She's even given her a hug and a kiss to make her feel better.
- The other day when Eden was playing with Eva she started talking to her like adults talk to babies. She raised her voice to a higher pitch and quietly babbled "dada" to her and other sounds she often makes.
- Eden loves to pretend to talk on the phone. She used to put it to her ear and say "eeoo" like hello. Now she pushes buttons (to dial), puts the phone to her ear, and babbles and laughs into the phone.
- When I took Eden to my grandpa's rock show she loved it. Her Aunt Lydia carried her around to different displays and she learned to look into a display, then move her body to tell Lydia to go to the next one, look into the next display, and move her body to the next one, and so on.
- Eden would MUCH prefer walking over crawling. She still only scoots although there have been a few times when she's taken a few crawling steps. When on her belly she will always TRY to get on her hands and knees and crawl, then collapse. BUT over anything she would love me to hold her hands and walk where she wants like everyone else.

- Eden and I went to a violin concert for her Aunt Lydia and neighbor, Emi Williams (which they both did GREAT.) Eden would sit and listen and give an applause, and sometimes cheer, to each performer (unfortunately it was often in the MIDDLE of the performance...but she knows to applaud others).

- Yesterday while I was changing Eden's diaper she got a hold of the wipes. She took one out and started to help me wipe her bum. How helpful!
- Eden really loves to do laundry. I have a little video that I took (it unfortunately was a video of the last article of clothing that needed to be folded). She'll sit nicely and hand you each piece of clothing for you to fold. She's a really good helper.
- Finally, she's really good at pretending to sneeze. This may not seem like an "adult" thing to do...except that she's better at it than anyone of the adults. We don't know how she learned to make such a good sneezing sounds when the rest of us pretend to sneeze and it sounds SO fake. I haven't caught it on video yet, but when I do, I'll post it.
7 years ago





3 comments:
She is just getting so big so fast! It's so amazing how much they can learn in such a short time... PS You won the prize and I'll bring it by shortly!
I really really really hate how fast they grow up.
Isn't it so nice though that's she tries to be so helpful?
So cute! She's growing up so fast!
Post a Comment