This is my war buddy. My mom. What is a war buddy? Tyson and I had this discussion last night about how a war buddy is someone you have a special connection with because they went through a hard time with or along side you. He spoke of several mission companions that were his war buddies because they had to go through several challenges together.I thought and thought about if I even had any war buddies. I finally realized that even though my mom and I never went through the same challenges at the same time, there is a special bond between us because during some times when I felt particularly faced with challenges in my life
she was the person I could talk to and feel like she really understood me.
My mom and I were able to spend a little bit of time together today. She came down to Provo just to spend some time with me and run a few other little errands with me. I was really excited to see her because it had seem so long since we have been able to really do something together, just the two of us. We may not have done anything special, but being with her was special.
So, this goes out to my mom (who often reads my blog) . I love you and appreicate all that you have done for me over the years. Thank you for being so wonderful.





3 comments:
I know may sound silly but your post brought tears to my eyes because it made me think of my mom and how much I miss her. Moms are the greatest!!!
cute! Aren't mom's the best?!? I don't know what I'd do without mine, especially now while trying to recover from delivery and taking care of Dante at the same time! (sigh) I should do a shout out to my mom! :P
My mom past away 13 years ago this month. I miss her so much. Enjoy your mom and hug her lots. Mothers are the best.
Post a Comment