Monday, January 26, 2009

The Fruit Binky

Eden has a passion for food. Not hard to tell, she's a little chubby, but I still love her. :)

Eden has gotten into the Fruit Binky (I think it's technically called a mesh feeder). I don't know how many of you know what that is. Basically it looks like a large binky made out of mesh and plastic. You fill it with fruit and the baby sucks the life out of it to get the juice out. This way you don't have to worry about them choking on little pieces of fruit by accident.

My sister swears by this thing and I'm not so sure I give the same recommendation. Eden gets all sticky from the juice (as well as anything she or the binky touches) and when she sucks it seems like she's swallowing more air than juice. But on the other hand, Eden likes it and it does keep her from choking on large pieces of fruit.

Anyhow, here's a video of Eden glaring at me, LOUDLY sucking the life out of her fruit binky, and gripping it so tight as if to say, "touch and you die." I think it's funny and cute, even if she is glaring...

3 comments:

jerbonashfoy said...

I really liked them for Ashley. You could Also use them for meat, SO she can get a varity of flavors, Ashley did not use hers very long for she did not like fruit

Rachel said...

Yeah, we used that with Naters. He LOVED it, but it's true, they get REALLY messy. And whenever it got empty, and I took it away to put some more in it, he would seriously freak out.
I mostly used it when he was hungry and I couldn't feed him (like when I was trying to cook dinner). For those times, I thought it was great.

Laura Jett said...

lol! too cute! i can't believe how big she's getting!!