Friday, February 20, 2009

Shannyn & Me

This is a Flashback Friday moment. Flashback Friday is an idea stolen from a person who stole it from another person...and now I shall keep up the tradition and steal it from them. Basically, I just write a blog on a Friday (such as today) about a memory from my past or a story about my ancestors.

I like to post pictures on my blog and since there are only a limited amount of pictures on my computer of me from the past...I guess I'll have to choose a memory based on one of those photos.

This was my best friend Shannyn from elementary school. In this picture we are eating ice cream without utensils. Shannyn if you ever see this blog and this picture...I'm sorry because its definitely not a flattering picture of either of us. She lived down the street from me but we went to different schools and different wards (our little circle that we lived on was split down the middle as the ward boundary). Everyday we called each other up and said, "Meet halfway", hung up the phone and met halfway down the street. Most of the time we would end up going to my house because our family has the (original) Nintendo, thus making my house the best place to go.

Back to the ice cream picture. One of my favorite memories with Shannyn was when the power went out on our block. We just kind of figured that since the power was out (despite the fact that it was the middle of the day during the summer) that it meant that it was dark enough that we could get away with things we wouldn't have if the power was on. So, while everyone was outside we snuck to the freezer, grabbed a 1/2 gallon of ice cream, hid under the table, and ate the ENTIRE box. We obviously loved ice cream.

And that's my Flashback Friday memory.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That is indeed NOT the best picture...love the eighties bangs, beef. Classic.

I miss childhood...

meagan said...

Awesome! My siblings used to do that with peanut butter (:

I'm excited you're doing this too!

Sharlee said...

What a fun idea! I love it! My pictures look just like that, too. :) Hey, what are you doing Wednesday? About noon? I'm hosting a lunch bunch at my house and we are focusing on muffins. So far me Kristi and Macie are coming and we are all bringing muffins... it would be fun if you came!

Annegirl said...

2 things:

1. I love the "dark" logic. Too dark to find spoons? :)
2. I may or may not be addicted to the original nintendo--and only to the original nintendo. Let's say that my best friend and I spent our fair share of time at HER house for the same reason.