Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Three Years

Alright, for those of you who don't know, my birthday is February 13...the day before Valentine's Day. All-in-all I've had had several problems with boyfriends who tend to combine the two events. (That kind of sounds selfish and high maintenance of me to say that and I really don't mind that much, but I do like at least a little celebration on both days.) Tyson is really good about trying to not combine the two. He's actually much more romantic and thoughtful than I am...here are our 3 birthday/valentines that we've had together:

Year 1 (while dating)
Valentines he did GREAT...in fact he gave me Valentines WEEK (as he called it). He gave me flowers, took me out to eat, spent lots of time with me, and basically pampered me for a week after. My birthday he gave me the book "How to Make Friends and Influence People". Which, I told him I like self-improvement books...so even though it may not be romantic, it was very thoughtful.

Year 2 (9 months married)
For my birthday Tyson gave me flowers, bought take out and he made a romantic picnic in our living room with rose pedals and candles everywhere. The next morning (Valentines) he surprised me by leaving me a note saying that he called my work previously and got the day off for me so we could spend it together. We mostly just relaxed and watched movies. It really was romantic and sweet.

Year 3 (this year)
For both my birthday and Valentines Day we were able to go to St. George to relax, spend time with each other, went to Parade of Homes, went out to eat a few times, went to a movie, drank Boba drinks, and just talked a lot. Something I loved about it was that we did fun things to celebrate both days but most of all, it was things that both of us really enjoyed doing and we really got to spend time together. That's what's important to me.

Tyson is super good about trying to be romantic and thoughtful for both my birthday and Valentines Day (much more than I am, I admit it) and I'm so lucky to have him for a husband.

6 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

Tyson is simply AMAZING. Thanks for letting him hang out with me too!

On a completely unrelated note, and in response to your comment on our blog, what do you mean an avocado isn't cute? Can you think of a more attractive fruit out there? I mean, sure, they look like they have warts and then turn shriveled and black (like a witch), but that is very characterist of you (characterist: One who discriminates againts characters in a book or movie and only likes the good guys). Frankly, I had expected more from you. And you claim you've seen wicked...

Macie said...

Wow, my brother is good! :) Hope you had a happy birthday in St. George!

Laura Jett said...

cute!! What an awesome husband you've got!! You lucky girl! - my hubby is RARELY romantic. lol. luckily this year we went out to a stake dinner and dance, and that was BIG for us, so I was happy.
Hey sorry its late, but happy birthday! :D

Lynsie said...

Happy Birthday to you. What a great husband to spoil you on both days! Way to go Tyson!

brittany said...

Happy late Birthday Bethany! I'm glad it was a great week!