Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Most Wonderful Husband Award

One of the best things I've done in a while is sit down a write a list of great memories with Tyson. We've known each other for two years and it just put the biggest grin on my face to go back and remember why my husband is the best husband in the world...at least the best for me.

Here are a few memories that made me smile:

1. The first time we met, in a hot tub (and thinking "He's way too immature.")
2. The second time we met outside of the hot tub, not remembering who he was I re-introduced myself and then realizing my mistake saying, "Oh! I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!" in front of a large group of friends.
3. Finding out he drove a nicer looking car and thinking "oh no, is he a car person?" to later find out that he got the car at an amazing deal but almost didn't take it thinking "then people might think I'm into cars." (Funny thing, it's only a silver, VW Jetta. Not real fancy.)
4. On my birthday while we were dating he gave me the book, "How to Make Friends and Influence People"...what is THAT supposed to mean? He did it with good intentions though.
5. Visiting Vegas with my family and getting stopped by management while walking through a casino to check if we were under-age...and I forgot my ID so they got mad at us and threw us out.
6. Valentine's day last year he surprised me by calling my work and getting the day off beforehand and then hanging out with me all day just relaxing, watching movies, and having fun.
7. I called him one morning while dating and said, "Let's get married." He said, "Woah, no rush. Just take your time." Since he didn't believe me, I called my best friend Rachel and my mom and told them I was getting married. We went ring shopping the next day and he proposed that night.
8. Tyson being asked (almost assumingly) by SEVERAL people, "So...did you serve your mission in Japan?" and him saying, "No...Ohio."
9. Finding out he wanted to start a family right away...and then finding out we make BEAUTIFUL babies!
10. The day we got married. Blue skies, gorgeous flowers, beautiful temple ceremony, and getting the most wonderful husband in the world! (...how romantic....or cheesy, you pick.)

4 comments:

Annegirl said...

Marrying younger men rocks. :) You guys are my favorite.

The Keele's said...

Awweeeee! That was both hilarious and sweet! The wonderful stories you'll have to tell your kids one day :)lol

Neff Family said...

Great memories!

jerbonashfoy said...

I loved your stories! Thank you for sharing!