Saturday, January 10, 2009

Eden's Hair Dilemma: Part 2

I realized that I never gave an update on what I decided to do with Eden's hair. Originally I was going to post a picture of Eden with a wicked, spiked mohawk that I did once while she was sleeping and took a picture of, then say that we decided to go with that look. Unfortunately I can't find that picture anywhere, so I must have deleted it. :(

I kept insisting that I was going to cut at least the little strands of hair here and there that were SUPER long and Tyson kept saying "no" because he was afraid of her looking like a boy after it was finished. After a while I finally just went ahead and cut it anyway against Tyson's wishes.

BEFORE and AFTER


What do you think? Doesn't look like a boy, right? I sure hope not at least. I also haven't been putting as much stuff in her hair. I used to always put a little bow in it but lately I've just been lazier I think...not to mention that she pulls it off within seconds of me putting it in her hair.

This is me cutting her hair. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it...so I just sat her on the bathroom floor, let her play with some stuff, and I tried to grab chunks and just chop it fast without a mess. It ended up horribly uneven, but then again I figured that the more even it was the more it would look like a boy haircut that was PURPOSEFULLY meant to be cut. And that is a VERY nice picture of her little balding area in the back of her head. haha.
I think she looks cute with the hair cut. Actually, I did this a while back and I'm starting to think that she could use another hair cut in not too long.
That's a bunch of the hair that I chopped off. It was pretty long...it used to go pretty much to her eyebrows in parts. Overall I think it looks better.

6 comments:

Lynsie said...

No she doesn't look like a boy! She is darling! We had so much fun with you guys last night. I can't believe it had been 8 months since we've all hung out together.

Rachel said...

I think it looks great! She's super cute! And yes, it was fun hanging out! Yay, posse.

Barb Elder said...

She is beautiful no matter what! She is so gorgeous baby girl! Your a fun and cute mom.

Neff Family said...

She looks cute! We had the same problem with Kembry. At least you got to make the decision that you were cutting it, and your mom didn't do it for you! Haha.

Laura Jett said...

lol! I cut Dante's hair for the first time against Ike's wishes too! haha. Eden looks way cute, not like a boy at all with her hair cut!
It was so good seeing you two today, thank you again for stopping by the shower!! :D

Macie said...

I like her either way. :) Good job with the haircut. I don't think I would dare do it.