Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things...

I got this tag on Facebook but decided to do it because I really enjoyed learning about some of the people who wrote on it. It really helped me get to know a few people better. So, hope you guys enjoy learning a bit more about me.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I lack common sense and a good vocabulary.
2. I am in love with ice cream...except when I was pregnant I couldn't stand it.
3. I have been to several colleges: SUU, LDSBC, BYU-I, UVU (and concurrent enrollment classes at SLCC).
4. I have applied and been accepted to several colleges (but didn't attend): BYU, USU, CEU, and U of U.
5. I have never owned a credit card before...and never been in debt before.
6. I don't consider myself very good at anything...nor do I feel like I have a diverse amount of things I can do even remotely well.
7. I am better at basketball than my husband.
8. I don't like to read, but when I do read they are self-improvement type books.
9. My elbows are double jointed.
10. I have 5 different sets of stitches. One on my left arm, my right arm, my chin, below my eyebrow, and across my belly.
11. In kindergarten I told kids that my dad worked in the sewer and to run out of the drains to escape from alligators and snakes below.
12. Many people view me in different ways depending on when they met me. Sometimes I'm shy, sometimes I'm outgoing, sometimes I'm awkward, sometimes I'm humorous, etc.
13. I can sing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes in 3 different languages.
14. I think my husband is afraid of me writing things about him on my blog and facebook for fear of what I might say about him.
15. In college I wrote a list of 35 (or so) things I wanted in a husband and Tyson fit them all! ("things" included "Doesn't feel the need for speed", "Went on a mission because he wanted to", "Has seen me at my ugliest and still thinks I'm beautiful", and "Really loves his job or passion for what he wants to do in life.")
16. Spiders and snakes I can handle, but I am deathly afraid of ants.
17. When Eden was about 2 weeks I started praying often that she would sleep well and almost every night since she has slept at least 6-8 hours a night...I'm convinced that is the reason she's such a good sleeper.
18. When I was 5 I cried at the dinner table because I didn't know who I was going to marry.
19. I didn't cry when I broke my arm because I didn't want my brother to make fun of me.
20. I always think about trying to dress trendy but never do it.
21. I had surgery on my intestines when I was 6 months old.
22. Later I found the scar on my belly and was convinced that my brother cut my stomach open with a kitchen knife...so of course I told everyone.
23. I have a hard time saying "no" to people.
24. I'm a firm believer that if you tried your hardest to get somewhere on time but are still running late, then you should keep the speed limit and you'll be blessed either by getting there on time (surprisingly) or else there wasn't a need to be on time anyway. (Although, I don't always practice what I preach.)
25. I like being short and having small feet even though it is often need to shorten the length of my pants or can't find shoes in a small enough size (5 1/2).

8 comments:

Barb Elder said...

That was way fun. Wow 25 I had a hard time thinking of 6 random things about me. You are so cute.

The Keele's said...

LoL That's awesome you cried when you were little because you didn't know who you were going to married! I asked my mom if I could marry my brother because we had fun together- she said no- THANK GOODNESS!!!! :D

Laura Jett said...

That's way cute!! i may have to steal this one if i can figure out 25 things about myself to put. lol. :)

Benjamin and Jennie said...

I love this post! I know we haven't been around much to get to know you very well but it's nice to find out a few things about you!!!

Annegirl said...

Thoughts (in no particular order):
* I'm glad you cry about the important things
* I KNOW Dan lives in fear of my blog ;)
* I think I'll start praying for my future children now...

=)

Emily said...

Love #25!

Valeri Crockett said...

That was a fun read, your cute!

Anonymous said...

Bethany! I just found your blog, and you are hilarious! Something else you could have said was that you have knees named Soepha and At!