Tyson had a radiology conference in Washington DC. I had never been...so decided to join in the fun. Nana and Aunt Lydia came to watch the girls for the six day trip. I had never been childless for so long. I must admit, the "me parties" were pretty awesome (although I did miss my kids). Tyson had a few days of conferences to go to, so I trekked on alone for a few days.
The weather was AWESOME. It was either sunny or down pouring rain...which I LOVE. I'm a rain girl. Thus, the second picture of me happily smelling the wet cement, listening to the rain hit my umbrella, and enjoying the sites.
I took the subway everywhere. It was quite an amazing site in and of itself!
Here we are visiting the monuments. I guess Tyson and I don't take as cool of "selfie" pics as the couple in back of us...
We attended a service and listened to a bagpipe band at the National Cathedral, which was incredible.
The National Zoo was definitely one of the tops on my list. Then again, I love the zoo in general.
(This HUGE spider was a part of the zoo in an OPEN cage. There were a few of them with MASSIVE spider webs. They said that they are good spiders and stay in their webs, but they keep it under control by watching if their webs start to stretch out too far our of their corner, then they'll get rid of those webs right away. Creepy.
And this was the final picture we took before we left for home. It was a wonderful trip!





No comments:
Post a Comment