Saturday, February 11, 2012

Best. Husband. Ever.


Today was our ward temple trip. I've been wanting to go to the temple for months and months. I've really been looking forward to this trip. Its a 2 1/2 hour drive to the Monticello Temple from Grand Junction. Next to the temple is a stake house where volunteers from our ward came to babysit any kids. I was excited. A temple trip WITH my husband WITH babysitters. Plus, its my birthday on Monday...this TOTALLY was part of my birthday wish.

Then this morning we woke up and got dressed. Eden and Leila woke up.

Leila: *COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH"
Eden: "Oh no! Not again! My tummy hurts!"

Last night she said something about her tummy hurting, but it didn't seem to affect her play time...so I thought maybe she was just saying it hurt and it wasn't really a big deal. But then she told me she didn't want breakfast and instead went back to bed.

When we tried to wake her up again we noticed that she didn't have any color in her face. She definitely wasn't looking good.

Tyson knew the temple has been something I've really been looking forward too...so he volunteered (on his ONE day off of work this month where he's been working 14 hour days several days) to stay home with the kids while I went to the temple.

Best. Husband. Ever.

I admit, I was really sad and disappointed that Tyson couldn't come with me. After all, all this working means I haven't had a lot of time with Tyson. And it was a 2 1/2 hour trip there, 2 hour session, and 2 1/2 hour trip back. But I decided to go anyhow.

I hitched a ride from some good friends. We left at 8:45 am and I didn't get home until 5:30 pm or so. While I was at the temple Eden threw up all over her bed, clothes, and Tyson. Tyson cleaned it up, cleaned the house, took care of the kids, and now he's at the grocery store buying food for a Sunday dinner he's going to make me tomorrow for my birthday dinner.

Yes. Let me say it again.

Best. Husband. Ever.

He wins. Period.

4 comments:

Annegirl said...

=) So glad he's taking such good care of you! Hope the girls feel better soon!!

Macie said...

WOW. Go Tyson! That's my brother! :)

Rachel said...

Wow. That is impressive! You should get him a medal.
Men love medals.
Or just kiss him.
Men love kisses.

And that is my advice. ;)

Barb Elder said...

Way to go Tyson!! Sad he couldn't go with you but so glad you got to go.