I'm gonna put the pictures in first this time. Change it up a bit. Then type, type, type...
Here's what we did on my actual birthday.





My 28th birthday was on Monday (the 13th) and the next day was Valentines of course.
You know, the only time it seems sad that my birthday is the day before Valentines is when I need to blog and I end up combining the two into one post.
Other than that, I really don't mind it.
Its like two days of being spoiled. No complaints here.
It actually started on Saturday....so really I got FOUR days of spoiling.
I told you all how much I wanted to go to the temple and my hubby sacrificed by staying home with sick kids. Then he left that night to grocery shop for Sunday.
Well, Sunday I didn't feel the best, Leila was still coughing, and we thought we'd give Eden another day to recover (leaving Tyson to take care of us all)...so we didn't go to church.
We stayed home and relaxed but Tyson had planned a glorious meal to have that night (since he didn't have work he figured that would be the best day to make me a birthday dinner). He made me chicken and shrimp carbonara with a blackberry sage lemonade. Yum. Very yum.
Then on Monday night (my birthday) I had a spontaneous thought. "Let's go bowling!" And since it was my birthday, nobody complained. Even though we knew it would run past kids bedtime, we headed out the door. It was a lot of fun. The kids mostly just played around but they enjoyed themselves too. Tyson won...but not by TOO much. Then we came home and had some strawberry short cake and sang happy birthday.
Tuesday (Valentines) was a bit crazy. We had a Valentines Day party for preschool at my house. So I had to plan everything out, teach a lesson, and pretty much we just let the kids go crazy in the kids room and the mothers sat around chatting and eating snacks. Then I went to a baby shower a few hours after. Then I came home (later than I planned) not having anything special for a valentines dinner.
Tyson came home with beautiful flowers and Hagan daaz ice cream (in my favorite flavor).
I made leftovers.
How romantic.
Tyson's MUCH better at "romantic" than I am. Obviously.
The kids were beat after preschool and the baby shower (with no nap) that they went to bed a little early.
Tyson and I were very unromantic although I admit that I really enjoyed myself and thought it was romantic. Tyson just knew that he was dedicated to me all night. That sounded like a good Valentines to me. :) We ended up watching hulu on the couch while giving foot rubs. Then we fell asleep on the couch cuddling until we woke up realizing that we needed to really get to bed.
Call me crazy. I totally think that's romantic. Relaxing with my hubby. Foot rubs. Falling asleep cuddling. And course those beautiful flowers that remain on my kitchen table.





1 comment:
Hey, happy birthday (again)! I think any med student who takes time out like that for his family definitely loves you. And it IS the little things that make married life romantic and meaningful. And I'm glad you got that foot rub =)
Post a Comment