We've all* been sick lately.
*Okay, Tyson's not sick....but he injured his rib and it hurts to move much.
So, he may as well be sick.
I'm sure that you are ALL asking yourself...
"What do the Finlinsons do when they are sick?"
Obviously that's the first question that popped into your mind....
We sit around and draw house plans of our "dream home".
Don't you do that?
Leila was just scribbling (although deep down I wouldn't doubt if she was thinking "and this is my bedroom with loads of puzzles, games, and things to climb on.")
Eden was actually drawing her dream house. The important things were that the house had stairs and her bedroom was upstairs (we currently don't have stairs in our house and she seems to think stairs are the "cool thing"). Downstairs was a family room.
Tyson and I have been coming up with our "dream house" since we were married.
Tyson draws house plans and I find pictures online.
Too bad our dream its on a long waiting list....
- Survive med school
- Decide what Tyson wants to do with the rest of his life
- Survive residency
- Pay off student loans
- Save up for house
- Get "dream house"
Currently, it'll looking something like this....(but not exactly, I'm sure)
Kitchen
And stairs....for Eden
One day.
Then again, when that day comes, our dreams will probably be different.
For now we will dream....cause its fun.
And spend our lives the way sick people do....
...watching movies and eating Ramen noodles.
p.s. This is totally random. Leila's been signing "potty" to me recently. So I'll take her to the bathroom, strip off her diaper, and she'll sit on the potty for what seems like forever. She never does anything. I ask, "Are you done yet?" "No." Sit, sit, sit. "Are you done yet?" "No."
Today she totally took me by surprise when she pooped in the toilet!!! A part of me wants to explore getting her potty trained (even though she's only 19 months old) but I'm not too stressed about it.
I'm just happy there was one less poopy diaper I had to change today.









3 comments:
Brett and I are doing the dream house thing right now. Turns out, dream houses in AZ are TOTALLY AFFORDABLE SO YOU SHOULD MOVE HERE! Lots of doctors-in-training out our way. Pools. Houses with stairs...do iiiiiiit. Do quote a doctor doing his residency here, (after I was shocked that they bought a huge house while he was still in school) "It was just too cheap to pass up." Soooo true. Do iiiiiiit.
I love your dream home ideas! We have them too! Tell Eden we have 3 flights of stairs to get to our condo, and trust me...stairs are overrated! haha
Love the dream house ideas. Someday I hope to have a dream house, but husband seems content to just have a house so we'll see what I can talk him into :) And as for potty training, I randomly decided to try putting Norah on the potty (along with reading her some potty books and watching "Elmo's Potty Time") But I didn't stress about "training" her, and lo and behold, she tells me every single time she needs to go to the bathroom. So, while we're at home and she's awake, we don't have to deal with changing diapers because she makes it to the potty every single time. Knock on wood.
Post a Comment