Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alyssa and Ben

This past weekend my sister, Alyssa, and brother-in-law, Ben came to visit. We had lots of fun...mostly just hanging out, walking around downtown, and playing LOTS of Settles of Catan.

We happened upon a parade in downtown Grand Junction....and all I could do is laugh. It was a little....what's the word....sad. Definitely a "small town" type parade. It was for the Lions Club. Mostly people walked around in old (and rather abnormal) Halloween costumes trying to get you buy raffle tickets and a bunch of cars with advertisements. I do wish I got a picture of the type of car that Leila seems to really like. It was somewhat like this...

The old blue buggy. It was always the blue ones...but they were prettier than this one. Those were the cars that always got Leila excited.

But the highlight (or low-light) of the parade was the group dressed up like terrorist protesters protesting airport security. Hmm....questionable.

Other than the parade we also went out to eat. Alyssa and Ben took me out for the late birthday dinner. Alyssa was able to get her flute fixed (which was the main reason for the visit). We visited the candy store and the kids got discounted valentine chocolate heart pops. We went to a friend's house to eat dinner and play games. Talk about food and house plans (which are both highlight topics of conversation in my book). And the kids LOVED Alyssa and Ben around to play with all the time.

Thanks for the awesome visit Alyssa and Ben. You're welcome back anytime!

2 comments:

Neff Family said...

Fun! I love pathetic parades ;) So are you guys BUYING a house there? Is this where you're planting roots?

Ben, Alyssa, and Ting-Ting Green said...

Wow! I can't believe we made the blog. We're blog-lebrities!