To make a long story short...here's what I've been up to....
Turning THIS...
Into THIS....
And turning THIS...
Into THIS...
And finally turning HIM...
Into HIM...
(By that I mean, Tyson started med school and this is him at the big white coating ceremony where they present him with his first official white coat).I haven't been able to take pictures of the whole house for whatever reasons, but its definitely turning into home sweet home. It's been great here. We love our place, neighbors, and ward. But we've also been enjoying exploring antique shops (where I got my kitchen hutch shown in the picture above), green trees and brush everywhere, and figuring out how to live by ourselves since it's been a while.
I don't even KNOW where to start because there has been so much going on. Tyson's family helped us move out here and then we drove around to all the church sites like Nauvoo, Carthage, and Liberty Jail. Tyson had days of school orientation (which he found boring but enjoyed making some friends) and his white coating ceremony (with the INCREDIBLE party at the Marriott afterwards). I spoke in sacrament in our ward and Tyson was given a calling and set apart as an Elders Quarum teacher. Eden is talking, talking, talking! She says so many words and does so many new things now that I can't keep track any longer. And we've met so many new and incredible people. Overall, it's been GREAT!
We do miss everyone back home and it's a whole new world. I need to look at everyone's blogs to find out what I've been missing out on during my time without internet. We love you all and will try to keep updated on life in Kansas City!





9 comments:
It is so great to get an update! I figured you were BUSY BUSY BUSY with the trip and all. Your place looks great and I'm so glad that you are loving your ward and neighborhood.
Congrats on getting the first of many white coats;)
Val
Your house is looking so cute already! I love the hutch!
We miss you but are excited to hear about all your fun adventures. We should plan a posse reunion for the next time you're out here.
Has it really been nearly a month? I must say that I was very impressed with how you were able, with a simple coat of paint, able to turn a standard hallway into a classy storefront! Congrats on the white coat, and congrats on the new home. It looks great!
Hurray! I'm glad to see a new post! I'm glad things are going well for you in Kansas City. Your house looks really good!!! Way to be motivated to move everything in.
I think both David and I are in denial that you guys actually moved. It's super depressing to think about...:(
Cuteness! I LOVE THE HUTCH! It makes me want to go antiquing! And you will enjoy being on your own and married. We've lived with family before and oh it limits you! Now you can get it on AnYwhErE AnYTiME!!! WOOHOO!! I'm glad you're back online- I need to go reinstall my brain to mouth filter now :D
Your house looks great and I'm so happy that things are going well for you guys! Also, I'm happy you found my blog so that you can see what we are up to as well... I'll keep checking yours to see what new and fun things you, Tyson and Eden do!
I'm so happy for you guys! Looks like you've got a great adventure ahead of you!
I miss you! Love your house and how you decorated it. I love, love, LOVE your green hutch. Keep the blog posts coming!(like I should talk, I desperately need to blog again!)
Post a Comment