Mom: So, I looked at your blog today.
Me: Yeah? That's part of the new house. What do you think?
Mom: There weren't any pictures of Eden. I wanted to see Eden.
So, dear mother...my deepest apologizes. Here's a blog all about Eden. :)
(And to all of you future mothers...once you have a baby, you become non-existent. When you enter a door and say, "HELLO!" the first thing they say is "Where's the baby?" When you go to a grocery store people no longer greet you...but greet the baby. And blogs and Facebook merely become personal photo galleries dedicated to baby. But heck, I don't blame them...Eden is MUCH cuter than both me and Tyson.)
But FIRST, an instruction manual on how to keep a baby happy during a LONG car ride.
(We drove from Utah to Missouri and also all around the church sites.)
This is how to keep your baby happy during a long car ride. See, this is my baby...and she's so happy to be in her carseat for hours and hours and hours.
Alright, no more silliness. But Eden did do EXTREMELY well in the car during the 2 days of 7 hours drives. I was impressed. Now here an update on Eden...she'll be 15 months old tomorrow! Man, how time flies!
I was actually curious the other day and decided to write up all the words that Eden says now that she is talking like crazy (I wrote it in Excel cause I didn't want to write them and count them all). I'm sure I missed a few words, but I counted 81 words that she says on a normal basis, 61 words she says on occasion, 16 words she has said once but never again, and 23 noises and imitations of things. After I started writing it, the list got bigger and bigger and took more time than I anticipated....I don't plan to write them all down on my blog, but off the top of my head I would say her top 5 used words (besides mommy and daddy) are "No", "Yeah", "Lamby" (her stuffed animal, said "Amby"), "Owie", and "Milk" (said, "Nilk").
Eden is walking all by herself, but is still a little unsteady. I think it has to do with her small feet. I didn't realize that she had small feet until we compared it with a few others...she still wears a size 2 and sometimes size 3. Doesn't matter though, she'd still rather be carried.
She's starting to realize possession. She's not as bad as she used to be, but she's a hoarder. She'll get and hold everything she can at once and just sit there as if her life was dependent upon keeping those things safe. Here's a picture of when we were organizing the pantry and she decided to hoard all the cooking oil.
Eden loves food. As my sister put it, "I've never seen anyone get so excited about food as she does." Another favorite word of hers is "eat". She'll eat most things...but definitely likes things over others. She asks me everyday for "noodles" (said "noonles") even though we more than likely don't have any...same with bananas. Here's a picture of her eating banana bread...which she LOVED.
This is my new purse that I got at Good Will. It was $2 and I wanted a new purse. I love it. Eden loves it too. I think she carries it around more than I do. Whenever she sees it, she puts it over her head and tries to walk without tripping (often getting frustrated because its hard).
This is one thing Eden didn't like. We went to this place (I can't think of the name of it right now) but it had a Narnia exhibit going on (which we didn't go to because it closed before we got there). But they had this station of a large green monster and Eden was EXTREMELY scared of it.
Eden really is a wonderful baby (she doesn't seem so much like a BABY anymore although she will sometimes point to herself a say "baby" and says "waah!") She is such a bundle of fun and we'll have to keep updated on what's going on with her now that we're pretty much settled into our new place. :)









7 comments:
Hilariously and painfully true. On my dads father day card I signed it, "The mother of your grandchildren." Does he even remember who I am? I'm sure the only reason they invite us over, or come to visit, is to see the kids.
I love it! You're so funny. And Eden really is adorable, so I can't blame your mom...And at least she reads your blog!! Haha, I don't think my parents know what a blog is!
Yay, you blogged again! This made me miss you guys SO MUCH. I can't wait to see you again. So true about being non-existent when you have a baby! Sad but true.
Hey you grown-up, moving away person you! Yeah, um, when I come over to my parents' house it's like, "Where are Nathan and Abi? Oh yeah, hi."
I agree with Bethany. Once you become a parent you lose your identity. You become "so and so's mother or father" and no longer have your own identity. To prove my point, how many of you reading this know MY first name, or am I just "Bethany's mom" (even if you do know my first name!)?
Hahaha. Way to fight back mom. I guess things never change,huh?
I miss Eden. But if it's any consolation, I miss you guys, too. Yay for Tyson's white coat! You're one step closer to being the millionaire we always knew you would be! :)
Plus nice work on the house, Bethany. It looks great!
Eden is so darn cute! And your new house looks so nice! I'm glad you guys got there o.k. I can't imagine 2-7 hour days in a car with Cole. I'm glad she did so well. We all got together the other night and were so sad that you were already gone!
Post a Comment