How Tyson and I Met
(The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)
By: Bethany
Before we met...
I was attending UVSC.
Tyson was attending BYU.
I was invited to a party at a friend's cabin.
My friend's sister also invited friends to the cabin, one of which was Tyson.
I had recently had a break up with a boy. I was on the rebound.
Tyson recently had a break up with a girl. He was also on the rebound.
The actual meeting...
The cabin had a hot tub. Tyson's friends from high school all decided to get inside the hot tub where they were...well...acting like boys. And I had a friend who saw the opportunity to join in a hot tub full of boys. She asked me to come inside the hot tub with her...and I decided "alright...I suppose." But honestly, boys acting like...well, boys....didn't really appeal to me. So, I felt no need to really impress anyone.
I found my place in the hot tub...next to Tyson. And didn't feel a need to be shy. So, I admit (with a little bit of embarrassment in my voice) that when I started to get hot, which often happens in hot tubs, I put my arms outside the hot tub...which incidentally landed my hand right in back of Tyson. I somehow got a feel of his hair...and realized how soft his hair was. (Later I found out that Tyson actually got some new shampoo and conditioner that was quite incredible and high quality and he didn't blame me for wanting to touch his hair...cause it was truly soft.) So...I played with his hair.
We all joked and played. And then we got out of the hot tub.
We got dressed and I ran into Tyson again where everyone else was hanging out....but I didn't recognize him.
Tyson came up to me acting like he knew me.
Me: "Hi. I'm Bethany. What's your name?"
Tyson (confused): "...Tyson..."
Me: "Oh sorry! I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!"
Me: "Oh sorry! I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!"
Awkward silence.
We parted.
Later a bunch of people were going to watch a movie. I decided to join and there wasn't much place to sit. I, of course, ended up sitting next to Tyson again (each of us with no interest in each other). Not planned, just happened. Of course it was cold, so we hand a blanket over us.
During the movie, Tyson put his hand down by his side under the blanket (which of course we had to sit close to each other because there were so many people in the room)...SO...putting his hand to the side meant that his hand was touching my leg.
I took that as "I would like to hold your hand."
After a while I decided to play the game. I put my hand to my side...also touching his hand.
He took that as "I would like to hold your hand."
After a while he decided to play the game and held my hand.
The movie ended. I left thinking "What did I just do!?!"
He was cornered by his friends asking "What did you just do?!?"
I searched for a good friend of mine and pulled him aside to tell him my story. He told me to steer clear of Tyson and whatever I do, don't give him my phone number.
Tyson, being the good boy he is, decided that it would be totally rude and inappropriate to leave me hanging after holding my hand. He decided to get my phone number, take me on a date, and having done his duty...call it good to end it there.
I avoided Tyson.
But of course the heavens wouldn't let us off that easily.
My ride had left and I needed to find a new ride. Good thing someone had brought a large van with two extra seats for me and my roommate to hitch a ride. And of course who was also in the van? Tyson. And of course I was the last person in the van, forcing me to once again sit by Tyson.
It was awkward.
Tyson: "So, could I get your number?"
(Silence)
(I have an obvious look of "oh I really don't want to give you my number.")
(Tyson's thinking "oh boy....this is bad.")
Me: "....OK...."
(I give him my number)
(Awkward silence and small talk the rest of way home)
So, that's how Tyson and I met....
To Be Continued....
Next Story: The Phone Call





2 comments:
HAHAHA! I love this! Why did your friend say to steer clear of Tyson? So funny. Throughout your story Tyson would come home and wake me up to tell me what had happened. :)
Oh my heck! Best, story, EVER!!! I was laughing so hard! This is awesome :) Oh, I love it! Can't wait for the next story!
Post a Comment