Monday, October 29, 2012

No Way a Coincidence

 
*This is a picture of Tyson's recent visit with us after being away for so long.  I love him.  Much.
 
This is a continuation of Tyson and my dating experience.
This story is a serious story.

Just to warn you.

No Way a Coincidence
By Bethany

When I first met Tyson, I was on the re-bound.  I had a previous relationship that was pretty emotionally attaching and somewhat hard in the detaching if you know what I mean.  Me and "he" still remained friends even after breaking things off.

Then I met Tyson and we started to date.

I then got an unexpected phone call.  It was "he"...with some bad news.  He was in the hospital with cancer.  We were still great friends.  So, I dropped everything and went to see him.  We talked, hugged, and just spent a little time with one another at the hospital.  "He" would be spending a lot of time at the hospital...and as a close friend, I planned to visit him often.

Soon after the first visit....something happened that I know was no coincidence.  I got sick.  And of course with any sort of sickness I wasn't allowed to visit "he".

That's when Tyson came into play.  He came to my apartment and took care of me.  He made me soup, brought me flowers, and most importantly he kept me company.  We just talked, ate soup, and talked some more.

This of course was the LONGEST sickness I've ever had.  I couldn't kick it save the life of me.  I wasn't lying in bed the entire time of course and didn't need special care and attention.  But I had enough of lingering sickness that I wasn't able to go to the hospital.

It was during that time that Tyson and I became much closer to one another, to the point where we were engaged soon after.

And I can honestly say that Heavenly Father was watching after us.  My guess, He knew I coudn't get closer to Tyson with me heading off for hospital visits all the time.  My guess is that He also used this as a time for Tyson to step in and take care of me so I could realize how amazing of a person he really is.

1 comment:

Mom said...

"There are no coincidences."
--Thomas S. Monson