Previously on our dating story....
We met in a hot tub.
Held hands despite better judgement.
Reluctantly exchanged phone numbers.
Now let the embarrassment continue as we continue to Part II of the story.
The Phone Call
By Bethany
Perhaps a week or so after exchanging phone numbers,Tyson gave me a call. A bunch of his friends were getting together and he called to invite me along.
I reluctantly said yes.
Then I remembered something. A promise I made to a friend.
I promised my best friend, Rachel, that I would go to water aerobics with her during the time I was supposed to go with Tyson. So, I gave her a call.
*There was very little I remember about that conversation to Rachel. So, I just called her to ask what she remembers. The only thing she remembers of that conversation was that I felt bad ditching her and then decided that she was more important to me than Tyson at that point in my life. So, I decided to bail on Tyson.
I then gave Tyson a call back and bailed on him.
His thoughts, "The ultimate ditch...water aerobics. Well, I've done my duty and called her."
I went to water aerobics.
The only thing I remember about water aerobics was thinking "water aerobics isn't made for short people" as the water was a little too high for me and my feet BARELY touched the ground.
After water aerobics, guilt filled my soul.
I called Tyson back.
Me: "Hey, I'm done with water aerobics. Are you guys still together?"
Tyson: "Yeah. We are at IHOP if you want to come."
Me: "Sure. Let me get ready and come."
I didn't spend much time getting ready. I admit it.
Inside IHOP everyone was conveniently placed so I only had one choice...to sit next to Tyson.
And a plate of smiley face pancakes were waiting for me.
I don't think Tyson or I talked much.
We then decided to go to my apartment to watch a movie.
And of course...despite our better judgement...we held hands and cuddled.
Interested in each other? Nope.
Then we all parted our separate ways.
Guilt set in.
How do you get rid of a guy when you obviously can't be trusted to be anywhere NEAR him without physical contact?
Text him. Obviously.
I'm such a chicken.
While I can't remember with exact detail...but the jist of my text was this:
"We should get together and get to know each other
...and not have any physical contact."
He agreed.
I honestly don't remember much about our next meeting.
I remember he came to my apartment, we talked, and we played the laughing game where we would see how long we could stare at each other without laughing.
And I remember after that date knowing that we were "dating".
No bells and whistles. No magic moment. No DTR. We just knew it.
That was the beginning.





No comments:
Post a Comment