Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Updates on Life

Just wanted to let everyone know what's going on over here...

Eden is doing GREAT.  If you saw her, you would never have guessed that a week ago she was in the hospital with a fever of 104, getting an MRI, x-ray, blood tests, and having an IV put in her arm.  She's pretty much back to her normal self with the exception of a small residual cough and a slight stuffy nose.

Leila's birthday is coming up on Saturday.  Her only request is that she wants a blue cake.  I've been online searching "blue birthday cakes" for days.  I'm struggling.  Cakes make me nervous.  Can I admit that I've NEVER made a cake except in a 9x13 pan with a box cake and canned frosting?  Its true.  Here goes nothing.  But I am planning on having waffles with whipping cream and BLUE berries for breakfast and chicken cordon BLEU for dinner.  That's about as far as my creativity is going to expand.

Tyson's been studying like a mad man for an upcoming major test he needs to take.  He has four weeks off "work" to study.  Basically he spends about 10-12 hours a day inside our bedroom listening to lectures, taking notes, doing practice tests, and reading medical books.  Busy bee.  But on the positive side, he's OFFICIALLY DONE with his 3rd year of medical school and is now on to his 4th and FINAL year!  WAHOO!

As for me, I've basically been sick for 3 weeks straight.  I'm finally starting to improve.  My hacking cough is a little less hacking...so I consider that a positive thing.  I've developed a pregnancy symptom that I didn't know existed until I started to get it and looked it up online....a HORRIBLE metallic after taste in my mouth that only partially goes away if I gargle baking soda and water.  And the after taste is worse if I eat foods that are sweet tasting.

But really, I'm doing pretty well.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow to find out a more accurate due date for the baby. And since I'm about 17 weeks along, I technically may be able to find out the gender of the baby!  I am extremely nervous, which is funny because I wasn't nervous at all the first two times around.  This pregnancy has been so weird that I honestly feel like we're going to go and find out the baby is missing a limb, has a major deformity, or has some kind of problem.  I'm also nervous to see if its a boy or girl.  Currently, I admit I want another girl.  Why?  I'm not really sure.  And in all seriousness, I don't care if its a boy or girl in the end.  I'll gladly accept either.

3 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

When I'm pregnant, I get a weird metallic taste in my mouth from pineapple. It's so weird. Oh, and just after I read your post about Eden's hospital stint, Norah woke up that night complaining of knee pain. Totally freaked me out.

Annegirl said...

You are 75% done with med school!!! Awesome! Let us know how that ultrasound goes! =)

Anaise said...

I found that anything that had any sugar cane products in it made me sick. If I avoided those I felt perfectly healthy--the catch is that avoiding those is haaaaard!

Can't wait for you to post the gender!!