Monday, June 18, 2012

My Two Year Old

Leila's birthday was on Saturday and the only specification that she gave me was that she wanted it blue, including the cake.  It was very simple, cause that's just how I am.  And she had a great time.

We got her some blue balloons.
 Blue cereal because she asks for cereal EVERY morning.  And we hardly ever get a "sugary" cereal.
 A blue Elmo shirt with a yellow skirt.  I love the face she is making in this picture.  While opening her presents she would occasionally say "OH!", even if all she did was rip a small piece of wrapping paper off and still couldn't see what the present was.
 Eden was having a REALLY hard time not being in the spot light and not being the "birthday girl".  So, while taking pictures of Leila's Hello Kitty band aids she got, Eden scooted into the picture and struck a pose.
Here's Leila's blue birthday cake I made.  It was HUGE.  I used a cupcake recipe for red velvet cake.  I used blue coloring instead of red.  Since it only made a few cupcakes, I doubled the recipe...which ended up making FOUR LAYERS worth of cake.  So, I decided to use three of them.  But the "blue" cake ended up more of a "green" cake....so I decided to use the rest of the blue food coloring and turn the frosting blue to cover the cake.


 Blowing out the candles...which she's been practicing for.
The ugly inside of the cake.  And not to mention that the recipe...I don't know if I did it wrong or what, but it didn't taste good either.  That's as much of the cake we ate and the rest is going to the trash.  The next day, Father's Day, we decided to make cake box cupcakes and use the rest of the blue icing and eat those instead.  Pity.  At least I thought it looked pretty good on the outside...

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

Bah! Stop being so good and already posting about her birthday! I just finally got my pictures downloaded! Leila looks so grownup with all her beautiful hair- Afton might be a little jealous... You cake was lovely on the outside- the inside is pretty awesome too.:) Happy Birthday to Leila!

Jess said...

HAHAHA... well the outside of the cake at least looked cute! hahaha I love that all she wanted was blue stuff! Blue is Elena's favorite color too. I can't believe how fast your two kids have grown. And now you have a third on the way!! AHHH! haha... so excited for you!