Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Promise My House DIDN'T Look Like This When I Left...

Tonight I went to the Women's Conference at my stake. When I got home my house looked like the above picture (and it looks 10x messier in real life unfortunately).

While I could TECHNICALLY blame my husband for the mess, the REAL culprits are Pantry Moths.

Tyson took Eden on a trip to Lowe's to finally rid of our severe moth-breeding-in-our-pantry problem using....
...and this...
Leaving our house smelling like a familiar scent that I can't quite pin point. But it has a somewhat minty/dentist-y feel to it.

Unfortunately, we read up on these pesky moths and apparently they are quite difficult to get rid of. We read lots of stories of people who set up more and more traps and spray and spray...and while it helps, they keep re-appearing and re-breeding all over your house. Grr.

Honestly, these moths are EVERYWHERE in our house. We kill them constantly. But the part that grosses me out the most is the moth breeding ground AKA: the pantry (and all surrounding areas). They are everywhere along with little nests and eggs. Gives me the heebie jeebies (or however you spell it). Makes me itch just thinking about it...so I'm done thinking about it. On to something else.

Women's conference was good. Well, I assume it was. The whole time I was hiding in a closed classroom with Leila SCREAMING. She was NOT gonna let me listen...

Good news, it tuckered her out for the night. Hopefully she sleeps well. Which reminds me, I should be sleeping right now instead of playing on the computer.
p.s. I love these pajamas. She just looks like a giant, pink marshmallow. I could just EAT HER UP.

3 comments:

Macie said...

Ew, those moths give me the heebie jeebies too. Hope you can get rid of them soon. I want to eat Leila up too! What did you make those signs out of (from your previous post)? They're really cute.

Anonymous said...

Get a dog! My dog eats flies, spiders, mosquitos and anything else that moves or makes noises that she doesn't like! Too bad Tyson is allergic. Are you sure he isn't more allergic to moths?

Kallie Olson said...

First off, I loved your comment on my blog :) Made me happy haha I'll get right on that... in several years ;) You should randomly plan to come visit home that weekend ;) May 21st!! Moths are gross.... And she's adorable!