Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving and the Zoo

I'm loving this time of year. I don't usually get much into the "Halloween Spirit" or even care for the changing of the leaves on the trees. But this fall has been a lot of fun with friends! It helps that Eden is getting so active, loves pumpkins, and dressing up. But there are so many trees here in Kansas City that you can't help but love to watch the colors change and the whole world look like a different place (no offense to Utah where we live in a desert...just not the same).

We bought a pumpkin for Eden (because she's obsessed with them) and carved it with a bunch of friends (Tyson's study-buddies and their wives). Here's Jimmy, Seth, Tara, and Tyson stabbing away.
Eden inspected the pumpkin to make sure daddy's pumpkin carving skills were up to par.
Here's everyone together with our pumpkins (look at our little shrimpy pumpkin on the end!) But Seth and Tara (with the giant pumpkin) created a witch. Natalie and Jimmy made Wall-E. And Tyson (I admit I didn't help at all) did an angry faced pumpkin.

I also went out with some other friends of mine. We went to the zoo (where Kansas City residents get in for free during the months of October and November). I love the zoo...always have and always will.

Here's Eden and an otter.
Here's Drew and...some kind of bird that would try to peck at his hands through the glass.
Here are the kids...didn't get any pictures of the adults. Jack, Eden, and Drew are buddies (most of the time) and we try to have play group with them once a week.

And of course there are more pictures that I wanted to put on her...but didn't. If you'd like to see them....go to my picture blog tysonandbethany.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I swear Eden gets older everyday. Oh wait, she does get older everyday. Haha.

Wasn't the zoo FREEZING? I' guess I'm just judging from the weather here because it snowed today. Yes. SNOWED. :P

Macie said...

Ahh, I love the zoo too. Well, not the smell, but everything else! Tyson did a good job with the pumpkin. He has some sweet carving skills. Looks like you're having fun out there without us! :)

P.S. Tara's hair is cute!

Eliza said...

What cute kids! We'll have to do that again sometime.

Jess said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun there. That's awesome! I want to see pictures of all the pretty trees turning colors. That sounds beautiful!

Barb Elder said...

I remember cute Tyson as a little boy coming to our home to carve pumpkins. Get memories of your cute husband. You did well and so did he.