Beyond THAT I've had some fun with food! My friend Eliza taught me how to make and jar apple pie filling! I haven't yet tried making the actual pie, but I hear amazing things. I went over to her house and spent several hours making jars of goodness. And I was proud.
Then today I decided to play with my food. I was making lunch for me and Eden...we had some bananas and apples that needed to be used...so I had a good time. I found these little fun treats (bug-a-pillar banana dude and oozing apple monster mouths) on picky-palate.com. Her's look cuter than mine...I just rushed through mine...but I'm still proud.
Eden was a little frightened of eating the bug at first. I had to touch it first and show her that you eat it. After that she took it all apart before eating it. I think it helped her be less afraid when it didn't look like a bug. The first time I've ever seen her back away from a banana!
And I had a good time with the apple mouths. They were really quite tasty. And even though this crazy, mad-woman picture definitely shows my unattractive side....I'm still proud of what I've done...even when I'm sick.





7 comments:
I love the apple mouths!!! You're a fun mom!!
Poor Eden, being scared by her food. Now what is this picky palate thing? I'm interested. I'm always up for new ideas to get Nate to try new things....of course he may react like Eden and be terrified of the "bug."
And yes, that picture is quite awesome. :) You look very halloween-y.
Those are awesome food ideas!! I am sorry you are sick! We are all sick and not getting better. :S Our neighbors have Swine Flu and so I'm kinda nervous that Dante or Kenzi will catch it while they're already sick and have a harder time getting better. :s
I hope you feel better soon! That's way Cute Eden can "play sick." :)
Fun food ideas. It's funny that Eden was afraid of it. I really love reading all the Edenisms on the side of your blog!
That was me (Macie) commenting above. I really need to pay more attention to who I'm signed in as!
P.S. Get better soon. You guys really have had bad luck with sickness!
Unattractive, what do you mean? Just think of V8 Splash and "Soeefa and At".
That looks disgustingly delicious! You're so funny!
Post a Comment