
A friend of mine wrote on her blog to read the blog of a lady named Sherrie Johnson because it's amazing. And this morning I looked at it and it truly is incredible. Sherrie Johnson is in my ward. Since I just moved in, I don't really know her but Tyson knows her and her family well. As far as her background he told me that she is a BYU religion professor and is absolutely brilliant (and coming from Tyson...that is quite a compliment).
This month Sherrie discovered that she has a brain tumor. Her blog as of lately has been about some of her experiences dealing with this tumor (that she calls "Grizelda"). I would recommend reading this and since blogs start with the most recent, I would go to the one titled, "Time to Practice What I Preach" (December 11) because that is when she finds out about the tumor. But honestly, if you have some time, I find it amazing to read what she writes even BEFORE the tumor. She has so many amazing insights on life and the gospel.
Her blog is: sherriejohnson.blogspot.com
And for those of you who haven't heard my testimony, here is it:
I do know that the church and its gospel are true, the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet, President Monson is our true and living prophet on the Earth today, and Christ lives. My testimony may be pretty basic but without these basics truths I wouldn't be where I am today. I often fall short of who I should be, so thank goodness for the atonement that can put me back in line when I fall. I can honestly say that my life has more meaning, more importance, and more happiness when I'm following Christ's teachings and the Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.





3 comments:
Bethany, I hope you get to know Sherrie now that she is in your ward. One of my favorite people! I have been a follower of her blog for a long time. She truly is an inspiration to all. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I loved it. I am glad you now have a blog.
Wow, thanks for posting that. I took a religion class from Sherrie Johnson about a year back, it was nice to read her blog. I agree with you about some of her insights too.
Thanks Bethany. I've really enjoyed reading her blog this morning. It's a refreshment the likes of which I've been craving for some time!
Post a Comment