Monday, December 1, 2008

My Blog is Born

A true story
by Bethany Finlinson

Once upon a time there was a girl named Bethany. She had a wonderful husband and a wonderful baby girl. Life was wonderful. Then one day she was confronted by a friend who said, "You need to start blogging." Bethany refused. After all, her life was wonderful. Not long after Bethany was confronted by another friend who said, "You should get a blog." Bethany once again respectfully declined the offer. As time passed more and more friends and family confronted Bethany on the joys of "blogging" and asking questions about why she refused to blog. Beads of sweat started to rush down her face every time someone she knew wished to speak to her, the stress of "going with the crowd" and "being trendy" started to impede on Bethany's wonderful lifestyle. Eventually, Bethany realized that there was no escape...and a blog was born.

Ok, so maybe it wasn't that dramatic...but the main giest is, I GAVE IN! I'M A BLOGGER!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Now you have started you wont go back :-)

Laura Jett said...

lol. you're funny! your page looks better already!! Way to go! ;)

David said...

NOOOOO!!!!! Why, she was so young! It should have been me!!! Curse you, vile world!!!

Lynsie said...

I would like to welcome you to the world of blogging! Welcome! I'll be looking forward to reading about the life of the Finlinsons!

Emily said...

You gave in! I'm still resisting the pressure... But it looks way cute so far!

Kas said...

I know I was one of those "friends" on more than one occasion.. .Glad you finally gave into me :) Maybe I should start asking you for money??

Neff Family said...

I'm so glad you gave into peer pressure. Nothing like it! Welcome to the blogging community. Here are some virtual brownies. They're delicious.

You're daughter is BEAUTIFUL!