I have been planning (and delaying) getting the girls a haircut for quite some time.
Eden was excited to go to our next door neighbor's little salon down the street. Leila BEGGED for me to cut it. I told her, "OK, I'll do it first, if it doesn't work out then I'm going to take it to Luisa's to get it fixed." A deal was struck.
I put her in the highchair and she said, "I want it short." She pointed to her chin....
...OK...
(I love this picture...and also stand ashamed of my "less than responsible mommy moment" because Molly is on a regular kitchen chair where she easily could have fallen while bouncing, climbing, etc. I let her stand and play on it while I cut the girls hair. But it was so new and exciting to act like a big girl...that was possibly the only way I could get her to be happy when I chopped away. I mean, look at her face! She was one happy girl to be "big".)Anyhow, I chopped and said, "oh dear...its DEFINITELY SHORT." And seeing how much I had already cut and that it was a horrible hack job, I left it and said, "We're going to Luisa's."
Leila was making funny faces while taking these pictures, I couldn't quiet get a normal picture out of her....but she's still cute as ever.
She LOVES her haircut and almost every day she looks in the mirror and says, "Oh, I am so beautiful!" She thinks headbands are super cute and insists on wearing them...for about 5 minutes, then she insists on NOT wearing them. But its OK. She's super cute.
Eden wanted her hair cut as well. She originally just wanted a trim but after seeing how brave Leila was she said, "maybe I want a few inches off...like this..." and pointed to about 3 inches. So, I chopped three inches and then Luisa gave a few layers to her hair.










2 comments:
Very, very cute. We're due for a bunch of trims around here, too.
They are so cute! I'm impressed you cut their hair. I cut Emi's hair until she was about 2 (which almost directly coincides with when she actually got hair...or at least enough to really cut it), but after 1 really bad hair cut, I decided cutting girls hair is not a strength.
And WOW, her hair was LONG!
Post a Comment