Friday, April 15, 2011

Little 10-Month Old Leila

My little Leila is gonna be 10 months old tomorrow. I can't believe how time flies.

Here's a little bit about my Leila:
  • She weighs 21 lbs and wears the same size diaper as Eden. But she's thinning out.
  • She loves food she can pick up and feed herself. She's vetoing baby food.
  • She can walk up to 7 steps at a time before falling.
  • She's verbal (and loud). Mostly loud "AH!" or "UH?" sounds.
  • She does say "mom", "dad", "more", "no", and "llama".
  • She loves to figure out how things work...take apart and put back together.
  • She loves to give kisses.
  • She plays Peek-a-Boo. Mostly with Eden's blanket...that she LOVES much to Eden's dismay.
  • She loves climbing the stairs, especially when she knows mom and dad are not around and she's being sneaky about it.
  • She HATES diaper changes and getting washed after meals.
  • She's really dramatic and complains to me by crawling to me until I notice her then she'll stop, throw her head down, and pretend to cry a little.
  • She's got 2 teeth on the bottom.
  • She favorite foods are probably plums, grapes, and green beans.
  • She uses her mouth a lot when making facial expressions.
  • She get SUPER excited about doing anything that she knows "big people" do.
  • She can open the toy dresser and pull out the toys she wants by herself.
  • She loves to play in the bathroom, especially unrolling toilet paper, putting finger in toilet water, and putting things into the tub.
  • She and Eden love to share toys back and forth while in their car seats.
  • She loves Eden. She's always trying to copy Eden.
Also, we have this book at my house...
I sometimes refer to Leila as "Pinkerton", the main character that is described as "pink, plump, and pushy". (I'm such a mean mom.)

Here's a little view of "Pinkerton" figuring out how to get around my obstacles I put in place so she would leave Eden alone and let her draw. But if there's a will, there's a way.





The last one is Leila trying to steal Eden's marker and Eden trying to swat her arm away and saying, "Leila's being trouble!" Eden also often says, "Leila, you're making this difficult."

I give Leila a hard time because she's so active and sometimes troublesome. But I really love her so much. Her strong personality makes her so lovable. I could hug and kiss her all day long if I could.

Eden and Leila are so different from each other. To see videos of Eden at this age, click HERE and HERE. These are some of my favorite Eden videos...I recommend watching.

4 comments:

The Reynolds said...

Hazel is the same way with Gideon. She wants to be wherever he is and doing whatever he is doing. I often hear, "No, Hazel." or "Go, go!!!". Those girls are going to be best friends.

Sharlee said...

I just can't believe they are getting so big already! Only 2 months until their birthdays... How does that happen? Your girls are just so cute. Tell Leila happy birthday for us!

Macie said...

I love her. I love how chunky she is. Please squish her for me!

Jess said...

hahaha... She is adorable! I can't believe how time has flown. So she says Llama.... hahaha random and so cute! :)