Tuesday, February 1, 2011

24 Hours

Approximately 24 hours ago I called a nurse's hotline because Leila's "cold" had turned into lots of wheezing and coughing....figure, ask the nurse if there's anything I could do....

Nurse said, not much could be done but go to the doctor the next day.

I wasn't worried, I mean, does this little girl scream "I'm sick"?
Leila didn't sleep so well that night and woke up in the morning.

Soon after, Eden came running in my room.

To stall having to wake up....I put Leila in bed with me and told Eden, "You should go get dressed." She was pretty excited because she knew she could do this all by herself.

This is how she came back.
(With the exception that she wasn't carrying the wipe case) But she yelled, "Look mom! I'm a Zebra today!" She was very excited.

Then I gave my doctor a call and went to their office soon thereafter.

It was a family event because Tyson's school was cancelled due to a large storm...and I don't like driving in that kind of weather.

Leila hates doctors....with a passion. Pretty much any stranger that comes within her "bubble" is an enemy. She's a big fan of "stranger danger".

Anyhow, the doctor listened to her breathing, gave her an asthma treatment to help her out, took a swab to be tested, then took her to another room to get "deep suctioned" (a rather traumatizing event).

Then the test came back positive....RSV.

Does this little girl look like a girl who has RSV?
She's the happiest RSV baby ever.

Pretty much they don't anticipate it getting worse. But if a high fever or breathing gets worse...take her to urgent care. But she's contagious for a week and the doctor said that it could take until April before her coughing and mucus clear up. Bleh.

We have a follow up appointment on Friday.

Then while taking these pictures of my children I realized....today's a very stripe-y day.
But my kids sure are cute. We're stuck at home, but at least we're having a good time. Heavenly Father is watching out for us and Leila's RSV is very mild.

Eden on the other hand...."mild" isn't the word I would use to describe ANY two year old.

Another positive, weathers so bad that today AND tomorrow Tyson's school is cancelled. So he gets to spend time with us at home. I don't mind the storm....not at all.

3 comments:

Neff Family said...

Sad but good...haha! Glad it's just mild. Chloe had it too. I don't think she's ever going to stop coughing, and I'm pretty sure she and her mucus are one with each other now. You do have a happy RSV baby, and a hubby at home...it's like winter wonderland =) Good luck!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad it's mild. You scared me there for a second when you said RSV. All mothers have learned to fear that word. I hope she gets better soon.
And yay for storms so you can spend more time with the hubby? I think David's happy too. He got to spend some time with him tonight while I was at choir, true?

Rachel said...

Oops. I didn't mean for there to be a question mark after hubby. It was supposed to be an exclamation mark! Like this!!!!!!!!