TO START....
Not true.
In a nutshell, I was attempting to say "I realize I'm flawed....I should make some improvements." (hmm....maybe I should have just written THAT....that was much shorter and gets the point across.) But I'm not a dreadfully unhappy person.
WITH THAT SAID....
Here's something that truly puts a SMILE on my face...
Laundry.
*sigh of happiness*
Just saying it makes me happy....Laundry. :)
EXPLANATION:
My husband came home a earlier from Utah than I did. While I was away he gave me a wonderful gift. He fixed our dryer.
It wasn't broken....just burdensome.
It would catch on clothes creating large, brown marks and streaks on our clothes or putting rips and tears in them.
My OLD Laundry Routine:
- Before putting clothes in washer, turn all clothing inside out.
- Do up any buttons or snaps (baby clothes were a PAIN...snaps, snaps, snaps)
- Wash clothes in washer.
- Take out all clothes with loose ends, strings, collars, and/or looser buttons to hang dry (cause otherwise they would get caught in the dryer and ruin)
- Turn on the dryer for 30 minutes.
- Hang or lay flat items that couldn't go in the dryer.
- Once 30 minutes are up. Check on the clothes in case something was caught.
- Rotate some of the clothes around cause some would get caught in crevasses and end up a tight and undried wad at the end of the cycle.
- Turn on the dryer for another 30 minutes to finish drying.
- Fold clothes.
- Put clothes away.
Now, thanks to my wonderful husband....
My NEW Laundry Routine:
- Wash clothes in washer.
- Dry clothes in dryer.
- Fold clothes.
- Put clothes away.
Oh....just thinking about it makes me so smile. I am happy.





3 comments:
I had a similar experience when I was your age. We lived in married student housing at BYU and had to go to the laudramat (a laundry building near our apartment) to do our laundry. Take 2 kids, wait for the washer and dryer or dash back and forth a million times, etc. When we got our little apartment sized washer and dryer I was never happier. And I have NEVER complained about doing laundry since.
Hey, my old dryer used to do that! What did he do to fix it?
Your old routine was rather gruesome! Glad that's changed for you now. Oh, and don't worry, I never got the impression that you were down and depressed just looking for some self improvement.
Post a Comment