Thursday, May 13, 2010

Two Years Old!

Eden is two...although she occasionally tells people that she's seven. Sometimes she ACTS and TALKS more like a seven year old than a two year old.

This is the event that Eden's been waiting for. She's been talking about her birthday for MONTHS...how she wants presents, chocolate cake, and balloons. She picked up on how "birthdays" work from family and friends birthdays and when we told her that hers was coming soon...she became very excited and started planning.

These are the presents she got to unwrap. Of course the two bigger ones are from grandparents and the two smaller ones are from the parents.
Tyson and I got Eden a little kitchen set (which I didn't get a picture of because when she woke up that morning I took her into our bedroom where it was hiding in the closet...but Tyson forgot the close the closet door and she peeked in and said, "What's that? I want to play in the closet!" So, I figured that I'd just take it out and I let her play all morning). We also got her markers (with a little case that I sewed) and a new coloring book.
Eden's actually really good with markers. If you can see from the picture she's actually pretty good at staying in the lines. She also knows to be very careful, always put the lid on when you're done, and to only color on coloring books or papers we say are ok to draw on...with the exception that the other day she decided to draw herself some "purple eyebrows". (For that picture and story, click HERE.)
Nana and papa Finlinson gave Eden a Curious George book and lantern. Eden LOVES the book and has already had me read it to her at least 4 times.
Grandma and grandpa Sakamoto gave her a package...and of course her favorite part was the marshmallows. If there is one girl who is in LOVE with marshmallows...its her. This is her begging for us to open it so she can eat them.
Balloons! She's been wanting balloons on her birthday for MONTHS. She was not disappointed. This picture makes me laugh cause it shows how excited DREW was about his gift to Eden. She opened it and he got all excited saying, "OOOOH!"
We had a "decorate your own cupcake" party. Eden enjoyed it...although, I think she ate more of the toppings than she put ON it.
It was also Eden's friend's birthday a bit ago (Jack). So, we had him blow out some candles as well.
Overall, I think Eden was happy with how her birthday turned out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDEN!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute pics! Kid birthdays are so fun...

Sherry (Li Rong) said...

Wow, time flies!! I can't believe she's already 2. Happy Birthday, cute cute Eden!!

Lynsie said...

She looks so grown up! I can't believe that she is already 2! I bet she's going to make an amazing and helpful big sister. We miss you guys! Come back and visit Utah soon!