Dear Baby in Belly,
I'd rather you come sooner than later. Can you fit that in your schedule by chance? I know you're busy developing and such...but now that you're full term I think we can handle it.
Dear Dirty House,
I would greatly appreciate it if you would clean yourself once in a while. I obviously can't seem to do it by myself and my emotions run high when everywhere I look I realize how behind I am in my "wifey/motherly duties".
Dear Stairway,
Thanks for the quick reminder that back pain during the final stages of pregnancy CAN get worse. Just take a small tumble down the stairs and get a few scrapes and bruises....makes me remember how great it was back when I only had the pregnancy back pains to worry about. Although, a favor for next time you decide to let me take a tumble....throw me into labor while you're at it.
Dear Finals,
My husband keeps telling me how important you are, how much time he needs to spend with you, and how much attention you need. You know, I try to tell him that all the time and he doesn't listen to me like he listens to you. Its kind of making me jealous...and a bit neglected to be quite honest. You should let me in on how to get the same results you get from my husband.
Dear "TO DO" Lists,
Aren't you supposed to be getting SHORTER instead of LONGER?
Dear Cell Phone, Email, Blog, and Facebook,
Isn't there a quote from a movie that says something like, "I don't go online because its just another form of rejection."? No missed calls or texts, no new emails (except junk mail), no new comments on my blog, and no new messages or friends on facebook....I think I'm starting to feel this "rejection" that was talked about.
Dear Eden,
You have been such an angel through this whole "pregnancy" thing. I couldn't ask for more...seriously. You've been good about letting me sleep in while you watch a movie, checking up if you don't hear from me just to let me know that you care and want me to be there, saying "I love you" all the time and giving me hugs and kisses on demand, making me laugh with different things that you say and do everyday, calling me your "best friend", never making me feel bad for having a dirty house or undone laundry or dishes filling the sink, and not making much trouble. The only complaint I'd have is that I wish you were a bit taller...and your toys were a bit taller. Its getting kind of hard to get down to your level to play with you for extended periods of time.
Dear Glasses,
No offense, but I don't want to wear you anymore. I really enjoy my contacts. And I realize that I should really be saying "thank you for being there while my contacts give me pink eye every other day" but maybe we can come to a happy compromise where I use you for emergencies instead of everyday wear. Please, don't be offended.
Dear Weather,
While people in Utah are complaining that it still snows in late May....I'm DYING out here in Missouri. Pregnancy, heat, and humidity DON'T mix well.
Dear Utah,
I miss you a lot. I miss my old friends and my family calling me to ask me to do stuff with them all the time. I miss having a grocery store that I like and can trust around every corner. I miss not having the smell of stale smoke come through our vents. And I miss the KSL Classifieds. Unfortunately, I think you've long forgotten about me.
Dear Self,
Stop complaining. Its not attractive.
7 years ago





11 comments:
I think I can speak for all the people out here in Utah, WE MISS YOU TOO! You are almost at the end of your preg, as hard as it is to do stuff now, think of the reason you are having such a hard time, then think of what will come out of your hard work and sacrifice! Your cute little one will be here before you know it! Trust me on this one, you dont want your little one here earlier then one or two weeks, I had mine six weeks early and that was the scariest thing. So even though you are uncomfortable keep the little one in so he/she can stay healthy and can keep on growing!
I think at 37 weeks pregnant, YOU CAN COMPLAIN =) You're a trooper. If finals had body, I would shoot it. I don't think I could do it; you rock!
Oh my goodness! Bethany, you poor thing. It feels good to complain sometimes! And I agree with Kelly.... COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT!! The last weeks of pregnancy SUCK!!! Everyone says, its for a good cause, it's all worth, it will be over soon.... When your pregnant you know all that. But sometimes you need to just let it out and COMPLAIN! You go girl! :) Scream, shout, complain, kick, stomp, punch... lol do it all! :)
hang in there! crank the AC if you have it. if not, ice water like crazy! you are so close to cuddling a baby...so so so close!`
I hear you, Bethany! Except I'm still in Utah and my husband grades finals rather than taking them... I hate the fact that my eyes hate my contacts and I feel even frumpier than I have to being round AND wearing my glasses- grrr! Four more weeks for me... Counting down!
Bethany, you are a hero! We miss you! I get jealous of finals sometimes, too---I think that's normal. :) I can't wait to see pictures of your newest little one! Hang in there!
I agree with everyone else, COMPLAIN AWAY! You're getting so close, you can do it!! We all miss you too. Everyday I think "I want to do something with Bethany" and then I remember you're not here. :( Boo. Hope things get better soon!
Every time I read one of your posts I smile. You have such a talent for entertaining people (even if you don't know it)! I LOVE reading your blog and hearing about life. And PS the last few days here in Utah have warmed up significantly and it is horribly annoying!
BEEFY!!!! You make me happy, and this post just made my day! I freakin' love you! Be happy!! You're awesome and almost there!!! :D LOVE YA!
for the record, i miss utah too...lots and for those same reasons. please let me know if i can do anything for you..bring eden on over!
I enjoyed your letters. Isn't it exciting to have that new baby now. You're awesome sista.
Post a Comment