Its been a fun week for the Finlinson family...
I made a goal a while back to sew 2 dresses by the time the new baby was born...one for the new baby and one for Eden. Thanks to Tyson having finals and always gone studying, I have finished them.
(This was quite exciting for me because the only sewing I've ever done has been with LOTS of instruction and supervision from others...)The new baby's dress:

This is Eden's dress:

(I'm very proud of the back of these dresses because I put in zippers...which I had never attempted before).

Today Tyson started up a garden in our backyard. He bought all the stuff, put together a raised box, and dug up the grass (with help from our friendly neighbors). We still need to get the dirt and start planting...but thanks to Eliza and Chuck we've got a start at being able to grow some onions! Thanks!

Eden's talents don't seem to include gardening. She seems a little mixed up on how to wear and use gardening gloves. haha.

But Eden does know how to play! Eden's been playing outside every minute she can. We bought her some $1 sidewalk chalk.

Eden is so cute...unfortunately she refuses to smile when she sees a camera nearby...

Our neighbors let us borrow their slide that they let their grand kids use when they come over. She's a regular monkey when it comes to climbing up the slide part. She loves to play on it.

Eden was also having a jolly good time playing with leftover piping from gardening. She would use it as a musical instrument and sing. I had a video and tried to upload it (knowing that it probably wouldn't work since none of my other attempts to put a video on has worked).

Its been lots of fun around here. We're happy.
6 comments:
very cute dresses!! good work! Have Tyson convince seth we need a garden box...i want one badly.
I didn't know you could sew... I'm terrible at it... I wish every single day I could. I just don't have the knack for it or the patience. I also always get really frustrated by how much thread, fabric, and time you have to waste to get a good looking anything out of it.
Whoa, I'm ranting, sorry. Good job is all I wanted to say!
Good job on the dresses Bethany! They are very cute! We are getting out back yard together and ready for a garden also. How fun!
You pretty much just rock.
That's all I have to say about that.
How fun! I wish it was warmer here. I've been dying to take Elena outside. Your dresses turned out very cute, good job! And I wish I was getting into a bigger place so I could have a yard and garden! I guess you have to start somewhere though. :)
Nice work - Eden's dress is SO cute! And nice work on the garden - my sister is doing square foot gardens and loves them!
Post a Comment