It's 12:34 a.m. No, I wasn't so excited to do a "Flashback Friday" that I stayed up late...I just don't feel like sleeping yet...feeling REBELLIOUS!I haven't done a Flashback Friday for a long time, but I recently had a flashback moment. I was making chocolate chip cookies with Eden. I decided to not use the Bosch mixture this time and hand mix my cookies...for the TRUE cookie making experience. Then it happened...the flashback.
*Vision gets fuzzy and music plays in the background as I reminisce back to my childhood*
My mom seemed to always be making cookies growing up. My friends loved coming to my house for the free food that my mom always offered. She never had a Bosch or any kind of mixer...just the buffness of her arms (which takes quite the strength might I add). She would always sit in front of the pantry door next to an open bucket of flour.... adding ... mixing .... adding ... mixing. A good portion of my memories of my mom were of her sitting there adding ... mixing ... adding ... mixing.
While I was making cookies, Eden started to get a little frustrated that I wasn't paying attention to her. So, I decided to sit on the ground with my bowl of cookie dough I was mixing to show Eden what I was doing. She sat there and loved to watch.
Eden pointed her finger at the dough wondering what it was...she pointed so closely that she touched the dough. Which she then stuck in her mouth. Which lead her to discover the wonderful excitement of eating cookie dough straight from the bowl. It became a game...get the cookie dough without being attacked by mom trying to vigorously hand mix with the spoon.
*Another flashback moment*When I was little I remember trying to eat the cookie dough while my mom stirred the dough. I think she was much rougher than I was though...much more strength in her arms than mine I suppose...after all, I usually take the lazy road of using an electric mixer. But I usually didn't do too well at getting cookie dough while my mom was mixing...at least not a lot.
When I was finished mixing my cookie dough and started putting it on the cookie sheets all of a sudden I noticed Eden going for the kill. She saw this as her chance to REALLY get some good dough eating. First one finger, then using two fingers...and then three and four.
She was LOVING it...and being the loving daughter she is offered me some with a look on her face that said, "Mom...you have GOT TO try this stuff!"
And just like my mom used to do, I gave Eden the wooden spoon to lick after I was done with it.
I loved it. Eden loved it. And once Tyson got home from school after a long day of studying...he loved it.
Recipe for these cookies HERE.





7 comments:
I love it as well. My mom smacked our hands whenever we tried to snatch the dough. Come to think of it, she still does. (:
Yeah, I was only best friends with you because of your Mom's cookies. J/k. But seriously, they were good.
Cute pictures of you and Eden.
So fun! I love the looks on Eden's face!
I think this is the cutest blog post I have ever read. Such fun memories! I love those pictures! Glad the cookies turned out good. :)
I love this blog, too. It makes ME happy. Thanks for sharing.
I love how she is opening her mouth as well when she's giving you the cookie dough! like a mini-mommy LoL
Those cookies were fantastic. Thanks for sharing! I'm totally going to get the recipe.
Post a Comment