Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Defenders of Awesomeness

There is a very prestigious group of individuals that have come to call themselves the "Defenders of Awesomeness" (of which my husband is affiliated, he's got the t-shirt to prove it). When first formed, this group of high schoolers...I mean, group of prestigious individuals...defined "awesomeness" as "never having to say you are boring". I have been selected to be a part of this group (through marriage...I'm more like an in-law has become a part of a family "through marriage" or like someone who is given a job not because of their qualifications but because their uncle is the "top dog" of the company...not because of my highly-esteemed qualities and values which I hold). And awesome is what I strive to be.

But I have failed this group and found myself to be a boring individual. I'm currently in the repentance process. Starting with this picture below to prove that I'm not boring...boring people just don't take pictures like that.


The beginnings of me going back to awesomeness...

I went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art which was INCREDIBLE (and FREE). It was huge! Three floors and a large outside area with statues and sculptures.
....and GIANT birdies.
This is Tyson in front of a statue that represents peace. After taking this picture we were tempted to take a picture of him doing a peace sign...but didn't.
Inside there were rooms and rooms of different cultures, artifacts, stories, etc.
And I have person who is willing to vouch for my "awesomeness". She may be a little person...but just like the book Horton Hears a Who "a person's a person, no matter how small".

Isn't she cute? I love when she wakes up from nap happy...
...and half naked. She's really into dressing...and UNdressing herself lately. Yeah, that shirt got stretched out a bit after she was done with it.

And Eden's gonna grow up to be awesome just like her mom...she's already starting to imitate me. Obviously I take a lot of pictures...(but I swear that I don't wake up from naps and take off my clothes...she learned to love that by herself)This is Eden's first picture she ever took by herself. She was playing with the camera and and all a sudden I saw a flash. She got a LOVELY shot of my neck and arm.

All I have to say is "I'm awesome, I'm pretty, and DOG GONE IT...people like me!!"

10 comments:

Neff Family said...

"One is not born awesome, one achieves awesomeness." Um..I guess I shouldn't have put that in quotation marks! Haha!

You're AWESOME! I bet Eden thinks you're the bee's knees. You think you need work? I just used the term "bee's knees". My grandma must think I'm pretty awesome.

brittany said...

Bethany, you are the awesomest! Is that a word?

love Eden's photo! The girl's got a future!

Annegirl said...

Bethany,

I think you have to be pretty high on the awesome scale to marry into the Defenders of Awesomeness; therefore, fear not.

There is no fee for awesomeness. Or attractiveness.

That's what the next shirt will say.

Jessie Evans said...

I wore my shirt to Walmart the other day. The guy ringing me up told me it was pretty much the coolest shirt he'd ever seen. I felt like that right there validated my awesomeness.

Macie said...

We think you're pretty awesome! And your blog always makes my day. You're so funny and witty (there's another awesome word!). That museum looks sweet. I LOVE free museums. That's pretty much all we did in L.A.

Neff Family said...

I'm sorry my post made you sad =( I was selfish in writing it...trying to remind myself of the few good things. But it is really hard. You're a strong woman, though, and you'll fight through it! =) We have doctors in the family, it's a long time. It takes a pretty awesome woman to stand by him! I hope I didn't offend!

Laura Jett said...

So true!! lol. That is so funny she takes her clothes off! lol. Good times!... are you guys completely over the flu?

The Voorhees Family said...

Hey, I want to be a member because I'm totally not boring...oh wait...I have two kids. Hey, do you remember that picture when we were going to or coming from San Diego (I don't remember which) where we have gummy candies on our noses? Wow, we were AWESOME!

The Voorhees Family said...

The best part of this whole comment process happened right after I posted my last comment. The word verification thingy popped up again with the word "noses". AWESOME!

One Happy Family said...

Wow I cant believe how old Eden is getting she is so cute! I am glad you are liking kansas city!