Today we started packing for Kansas City. The ABF truck (the company driving our stuff to KC) arrived this morning, Tyson and his "crew" worked their tail off wrapping and loading furniture, and I tried as much as I could to pack things into boxes in a somewhat orderly fashion while trying to entertain Eden.
I no longer know what day it is, what time it is, where to find anything, what my day-to-day plans are (or even hour-to-hour for that matter), and what lies ahead. But I guess that's what happens when you are moving from one place to another and starting a new chapter in your life....This chapter is called "Med School".
...Actually, that would be TYSON'S chapter. I'm afraid that mine may end up being, "Living in a new place with no family or friends close by, except a one-year-old, not knowing what to do with myself with all my free, lonely time while Tyson is living his chapter in life called Med School"....
I admit that I'm afraid of change. I am excited, but afraid. Tyson and I have never really lived in a place we could call "our own". Heck, for over a year we haven't even lived BY OURSELVES. We currently live with Tyson's parents and before that we lived with an older couple that we helped cook and clean for. Before that we lived in a basement apartment that was fully furnished and was incredibly strict about painting or hanging things on walls, limiting our designing creativity. Now Tyson is going to KC on Monday with Hayden to paint our little townhouse (and we are even using accent colors on walls, nothing dramatic by any means) and we have the liberty to tear things down, build things up, put things on walls, and see how LITTLE amount of furniture we own. Although, we lucked out and got a washer and dryer from a neighbor, a futon from my grandma, a spare bedroom bed from my mom, and many other donations from people of which we are eternally grateful.
In fact, there is so much and so many people that I am eternally grateful for. Moving has made me think back on all those things. I haven't had to pay for groceries or housing for over a year. I've been able to visit family at least every other weekend and not feel pressure over how much gas we are using. I have so many friends and family that gave me baby clothes, baby toys, baby EVERYTHING so I've pretty much only needed to buy diapers, wipes, and baby food during Eden's first year of life. We've come across so many people and things and people who HAVE things where if anything we have too much stuff instead of too little like poor newly weds should be worried about. And we haven't gone into debt once (in fact we've kept a decent amount saved). All of these things are about to change...and yet, I'm still excited.
So, thank you to everyone who has helped Tyson and I during our first few chapters in life here in Utah. We wish we could do more to show our love and appreciation. We'll miss you all. Life will be scary, but exciting, and I'll try to keep all of you who look at my blog updated every step of the way.
7 years ago





13 comments:
I can't believe you are really moving, it's surreal to me! You just put into words exactly how I feel/would feel. I too am grateful for everything everyone has done for me and I'm terrified to go to grad school. You will do great! Good luck with all the packing/moving/unpacking. That's the worst part! We love you guys and miss you already!
Good Luck, guys! One of the best parts of having the Church is that it is a great place to find friends, people with kids, you have callings to keep you busy and to get to know others well... Seriously, it is such a great organization! Have so much fun!
This makes me sad. :-( I'm going to miss you guys so much. It's been so much fun hanging out and getting to know you over the past few years since I have known Adam. you will be truly missed by all of us, but we wish you the best of luck with everything your family does. I'm sure you'll make friends in no time too.
Good luck, Bethany and Tyson!We wish we had spent more time with you. But know that we love you and we're and we will follow your blog always! Take care :-)
You definitely put into words exactly how I feel! We leave in one week and life is crazy with the packing and the nervous/excited feelings. Devin will be in school all day while I'm at home with Kylie in a place where I'm completely out of my Utah element. It's such a new adventure, but one that I'm not sure if I'm ready for. When are you leaving? Are you flying out or driving? Devin is driving and I'm flying with Kylie on a red-eye. Good luck with everything!
Tyson drives out with his brother Hayden on Monday and I drive out with Eden and Tyson's family on Wednesday. Drive, drive, drive...
Hey Beefy,
You must be crazy to move across the country to a totally new place! Who does that? :)
Sometimes it does really stink to be so far away from family. But overall it has been an awesome experience to live new places. It's been great to find that there are so many great people wherever you go (both in and out of the church). Good luck!
Boo to you guys moving. I know, I know, people move on, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Good luck with everything! We'll miss you! Come back and visit often!
wow, i can't believe you guys are leaving so soon. it doesn't quite seem real yet. we will miss you guys so much, but we're also so happy for you! what a neat adventure.
We'll miss you guys, but it will be a neat fun experience. I would LOVE to live out of state for a few years, so really I'm a bit jealous. I'm sure it will be hard at first, but you've never had a problem making friends. Be sure to keep this updated so we can see all your fun adventures in Kansas! Good Luck! And Good luck Tyson in Med School!!
I am going to miss you guys! But you will go to wonderful things and have good adventures. You're just paving the way for the rest of us who still have miles of grad school in foreign places to look forward to. We love you!!!
We are going to miss you! I wish we could have gotten together before you left! Good luck out there and be sure to keep updating your blog!! ;) ... well, as much as you can. :D
I hope everything goes well for you and that you are enjoying your new home. I love your beautiful, little family!
Post a Comment