Alright, here's the picture version of the trip with descriptions above...
Eden did very with all the driving! She would sleep a good majority of the way. The drive ended up being around 8 hours to Tahoe and 2 hours to the Redwoods. Tyson, Eden, and I had to change rooms we stayed at more than anyone. We switched between my grandma's hotel at the Marriott (which had all the shopping areas) and my parent's condo up the woods (which was exciting because we saw 2 large bears in the middle of the night snooping around for food). We also had problems with the condos in the Redwoods and we had to switch condos after the first day...I think we were able to unpack ONCE the whole trip...
This is at the hike going down to Vikingsholm Castle. This is a picture of Emerald Bay...gorgeous huh?
At the end of the hike was a little beach. There were geese there and Eden would hold out her arms in hopes that the geese would give her a hug...didn't work...
After a while of playing there was no way of stopping the three little ones from jumping in the water. So Trey, Eden, and Dakota stripped down to their diapers and had a WONDERFUL time playing in the sand and water!
This is the Vikingsholm castle. We were able to take a tour of it and it was pretty neat. It was full of Norweigen antiques and had a killer view of the beach!
After the hike we all got ice cream (they were really good and GIGANTIC). Eden, although not supposed to have it, LOVED the ice cream.
My family also spent a day on the beach at Lake Tahoe just swimming and lounging.
This is me and Eden's handprints. I tried to get Edens the best I could. I would press her hand down and then she would eventually just grab a handful of sand...thus the large holes in the middle of her handprint.
Tyson was probably ready to kill me after taking so many pictures...but he loves me anyway. :)
This is at Virginia City. We were able to ride on a trolley, train, and just walk around to all the historic mining areas. It was really cool and everyone enjoyed it a lot.


We later went on a different hike to a lake (I can't remember the lake's name). It was a beautiful hike. Part of the way up it went to some falls and then the rest of the way went to the lake.
My sister, Becca, told me that if I went waist deep into the lake then she would buy Tyson and me dinner that night. What poor college students are willing to do for a decent dinner!
When we went to the Redwoods in CA, we first stopped at the Big Trees National Park. It was really amazing and fun to walk around. Unfortunately during the hike mentioned above...Tyson accidentally dropped my camera into the lake. So, I wasn't able to take pictures of the Big Trees...I wanted to let my camera dry out a bit before using it.BUT...here are pictures that I took later of us at the condo's pool. That was WONDERFUL because it was 95+ degrees there! HOT HOT HOT!
Everyone played an intense game of 500.

Then on the trip home we were stuck in some traffic. In fact, we had to put the car in park for a while because I-80 was at a complete stand still. When we got to the problem it appeared that this truck and it's load had caught on fire and completely melted the entire truck. Scary...
So, that was our trip! It was great and I loved it. Go see more pictures go to my picture blog at tysonandbethany.blogspot.com !





2 comments:
It looks like you guys had a blast! I love going on vacation!
Man, we need a vacation....oh well.
I'm glad your camera wasn't broken after falling into the lake!
Also, I'm glad you're back, because we need to play play play before you leave me forever.
Post a Comment