Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Rapunzel's...I mean...Leila's 4th Birthday

This is one happy 4 year old!
While the girls were sleeping the night before Leila's birthday, we decorated in her theme of choice, Rapunzel.  She was in awe at the decorations.  Notice Rapunzel's hair that goes from the light fixture...
...over the doorway to the kitchen, and down.  Thanks to Tyson for that awe inspiring idea.

Leila's big present was a trampoline...that she's been jumping on ever since!
 Leila's Rapunzel cake.  I can't take responsibility for this amazing cake.  I made this as low maintenance as possible for me, we went to Costco and she picked out the tuxedo chocolate mousse cake right off the bat.  As soon as she saw it, she knew she wanted it.  "Ohhhh, I want THIS ONE!  Its so pretty you don't even have to decorate it!!"  But I did.  I made the Rapunzel hair surrounding the cake out of marshmallow fondant because I had already planned on testing out my fondant skills for the first time.
 That night, we surprised her by taking her to Chuck E. Cheese which she called "Chunky Cheese" the whole night.  They all had a BLAST there.

 Molly looks a little nervous here, but in reality, she never wanted to stop riding the rides.


1 comment:

Jess said...

How fun! She is ADORABLE! "Turn off the lights!" hahaha.