I feel like I only blog about my children.
I suppose they are the important things in life.
So, I'll continue to blog about them.
I could sit here and tell you all about Kansas City and how truly wonderful it has been here. Like the incredible rain storms that seem to come and go occasionally creating my favorite smell in the world, wet cement. Then the kids begging me to go outside in their umbrellas and boots to go puddle jumping.
Or I could tell you an story about how we get through "those days" using food for comfort. My chocolate and ice cream addiction has definitely hit a few peaks and I'm sure that it is all rubbing off on Molly who gets great joy out of new foods like pretzels, avocado, pancakes,...small rocks... etc.I could sit and tell you horribly negative things about how my children are monsters. But really that's just not true. They are wonderful kids. I admit I often am glad when it is bedtime and I have a few moments of silence to enjoy, but I often enjoy more those times when I overhear them playing nicely together and becoming more than sisters, they are becoming friends or those times when they want me to read book after book after book after book to them or when Eden uses her drama to say things like "mom, this is the BEST meal I've EVER had" or when Leila makes a discovery and simply states "yep, that's pretty cool" or when Molly blows kisses over and over and over again.
Or I could tell you about our adventures meeting "the stars". Talking about how we went to a mermaid party and Ariel (not just this tablecloth you could pose in front of) actually came to read the children a story and Eden's face lit up and followed her...EVERYWHERE.
Hmm....well, I guess I did tell you all those things...
I'm so lucky.
I've been studying a lot about the role of women and while I am far from really understanding everything, I know that I'm blessed beyond measure to have the opportunity and ability to be a wife and mother. God has already blessed me more than I can imagine.





1 comment:
Yeah, those are the blessings that count. :)
Post a Comment