After years and years and years and years of school...Tyson's finally DONE! WAHOO!
I'm so proud of him. He's worked so hard and did so well, he's finally done with med school. Although, I admit that it doesn't seem QUITE like he's "done" because he's still got 5-6 years of residency. But its definitely a momentous occasion.
Us with our good friends, the Hutchings.
The gang who came all the way to Kansas City to support and say "HURRAH" at Tyson's graduation.Molly made a friend, Lincoln, out in the hallway during the four hour ceremony. She really liked his tie.
It was awesome to go to the graduation and we were even able to sneak Molly into the special dinner. But man I'm glad its over with. It was not a stress-free trip to Kansas City.
We left Eden and Leila with family back home (which is the longest we've left them...its was hard for them at first but they gradually got over it as time went on). We left the Friday before for the long drive out. Molly was a CHAMP when it came to the car ride. I admit I was afraid...very afraid. Molly SCREAMED in the car. But then on the trip, she for some reason was happy as a clam. I'm thinking she likes it nice and quiet. Usually we have the other girls in there with her...and its anything but quiet. And she definitely loves it nice and quiet to sleep and play. She also became more talkative without the other girls there to compete with.
Sunday we went to church and drove around looking at different areas in Kansas and Missouri to see what we found.
Then the real house hunting began. We wanted to rent a house...to find that houses for rent were slim to none. So, we looked into buying. Went through the process to buy, looked at a few houses, and then found out that we aren't approved to get a loan to buy a house. Back to renting. So, we looked into town homes. We finally came across one of the residents in Kansas City who had a town home. They showed us their place...but the trick is that in order to get a place there you need to be on a waiting list OR know someone leaving and take over their spot. Luckily the resident knew someone planning on moving out soon, but Tyson will have to leave in a small rental for a few months while I wait here in Utah for a few more months until our place will be ready for us.
Anyhow, after a week of scrambling like chickens with their heads cut off, we headed home.





3 comments:
Way to go!!! So much work but it will pay off. You guys are amazing and we look up to you!
Congratulations!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you someday soon. :)
Congrats to you both on graduating. I think the wife of a medical student deserves a lot of congratulating as well! Happy day! You're done!
I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment