Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

This post is a little late....but I'm officially 29!!!

But I had to post these pictures....cause my husband rocks when it comes to cake building.


(Ignore that Leila and I look like hobos off the street...nothing against hobos...) Alright, the cake was actually much easier to create than it looks.  Cause it sure does look impressive.  If you want to know how to build it, click HERE.

The kids and hubby were pumped to get me a few gifts that they picked out.  Eden gave me colorful hair elastics "so you don't have to wear those black ones that blend in with your hair".  Thanks.  I now often sport hot pink, bright blue, green apple, and pretty purple hair elastics.  Not to mention the hot pink Minnie Mouse shirt Leila got for me "to wear to Disneyland".  I'm totally stylin'.
Speaking of "stylin'"...The big gift that the kids and family chose out for me was....my own pair of footie jammies.  Jealous?  You should be.  The kids were so excited when they saw these.  We then had a pajama party to celebrate.  Its like wearing a blanket wrapped around me, snug as a bug.  And yes, they have a bum flap...

I did also get a special gift from Tyson, that I don't have a picture of because it was shipped to me and didn't get to me in time for my birthday.  It was a necklace.  I LOVE IT.  I was telling Tyson a while back (and I was quite surprised that he remembered...although I shouldn't be surprised because he's way better at remember things than I am) that I wanted something to remind me to constantly be doing what is right, follow the Spirit, and to be happy.  He has a ring that is a replica of the one Joseph Smith wore.  And I honestly have a hard enough time wearing my WEDDING ring, let alone another ring.  The necklace is of a compass and it came with a long letter telling me about the symbolism involved with the compass and how it applies to me constantly striving to follow the commandments and never stray.  Once again, my husband is amazing.

In other news...we are back in Orem after having been in Grand Junction for four weeks.  It was a little too short for me, but its OK.  So, here are a few pictures as a tribute to our little month in Grand Junction.

 (Below is Leila at a friend's house...she was quiet, too quiet.  She found a box of stickers.  Stickers stickers everywhere!)

And of course...pictures of Molly.  Its hard to get smiling pictures (although she does smile quite a bit) because when she sees the camera she stops smiling).

But she's still as cute as cute can be!  And look at those kissable, squeezable cheeks!
 The only thing I wish I had a picture of...that I didn't get a picture of...was the "Leila's potty trained" celebration.  We took her to Yogo Mojo (a frozen yogurt place) and she loved it!

3 comments:

Kallie Olson said...

I love the PJ's and I want some... Badly...

Brittany said...

How fun! I love seeing pictures of your cute family! And I am totally jealous of the Pajamas!

Rachel said...

Oh my heck, Molly is so cute! I love that last one.
And yes, you're husband is great at a lot of things--cake decorating, and gift giving. Who knew??? Way to go, Tyson!
Also, I love the pj's. That is seriously awesome.
Also, you are looking seriously skinny for having that baby a few months ago.