The BIG Decision
by Bethany
I had "slowed things down" with Tyson (or even MORE than slowed it down) because I was getting a little chicken of where things were going. Luckily, Tyson was still willing to stick around and give me a second chance although a part of him wanted to throw in the towel and say "well, guess that's the end."
Something inside of him told him to stick around.
It didn't take long and things started to progress again. We went back to dating and I once again became nervous. Dating Tyson never felt wrong, like all the other guys I had previously dated. But how did I know it was "right"?
I remember having a phone conversation with my mom. She is always there for me when I need her...and she always seems to give the right advice.
My mom told me that one way she knew she was supposed to marry my dad was simply that the Holy Ghost never said "don't do it". There was no resounding "YES! THIS IS THE ONE!" Things just progressed and she new it was right because there was no "no". So, I continued on the path.
Then one morning soon after I knew I was going to marry Tyson. Maybe that was a "YES" unlike my mother...but it didn't seem that way. I just felt a confidence in Tyson that I had never felt before. I knew Heavenly Father was backing me up in this decision.
I called Tyson on the phone.
Me: "We're going to get married."
Tyson: "Bethany. No need to rush. Its OK to take it slow if you need to."
Me: "We're going to get married.
I then called my best friend.
Me: "I'm going to get married."
Then I drove to my parent's house.
Me: "I'm going to get married."
Mom: "Does Tyson know that?"
Me: "I told him this morning but he didn't believe me."
Mom: "Maybe you should tell him again."
I called Tyson.
Me: "We're going to get married."
Tyson: "Are you sure about this?"
Me: "Yes."
Tyson: "Cause once we buy a ring then there's no turning back."
Me: "I know."
I drove back to Provo and we went ring shopping that day.
It didn't take long to find the perfect ring. It was ordered and coming.
.....next story...
The Proposal





3 comments:
I'm loving this story :)
It's fun to hear your side of the story, since I already know Tyson's. Love it. :)
I love that you're documenting these stories. So awesome!
And I'm still waiting for "The Proposal." ;)
Post a Comment