We had a ward talent show a while back and I never had the chance to blog about it. It was TONS of fun.
Eden went up there and was quite a star.
Tyson and I tried to convince her to sing "I Am a Child of God". But if you try to "convince" her to do something....she's won't do it. She'll shy away and have an instant phobia. But if you say, "Its OK Eden, you don't have to do anything. No worries." Then she'll become the bravest girl in the world.
So, she didn't sing I Am a Child of God.
Before the show I took her up to the stage to see her reaction. She got shy. So, I said, "Its okay, you don't have to do this if you don't want. Its okay." Then she became brave and said she wanted to do it. So, not to give more undue pressure I said, "You can sing whatever you want...but there are two rules. You have to know the WHOLE song and it has to have words." (to eliminate the ever so lovely "Ariel song" among other things).
She was second in the talent show. I put her on the stage and gave her the microphone.
Eden: "Hi. I'm Eden Finlinson and I'm going to sing the 50 States."
Low and behold, she sang the 50 states without a problem (minus a few states she tends to always miss because I don't really know the song well and often sing it wrong myself).
The crowd cheered.
And then Tyson and I felt sad because we totally forgot to take a picture or video of the event.
A while down the line, I went up and performed with a group of ladies from the ward.
We performed the "Evolution of Dance" (with a few minor changes).
Here's the original YouTube craze video below for all of you saying "What in the world is the Evolution of Dance?"...
We all decided to dress up in different decades. Here's us ladies (minus one who had to leave the show early).
One of the ladies we danced with had a little girl that was also named Eden. Eden and Eden seemed to think it was so cool that they shared the same name. They played together and made friends.
Eden had a great time. She mostly loved the free popcorn and desserts. She definitely ate her fill of those.
Overall, we all had a blast!





1 comment:
CUTE! I'm glad that you guys came up with something because I was obviously out of ideas and no help whatsoever. I'm very impressed that Eden went up and did that. You go girls!
Post a Comment