I admit, I'm a little like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory when it comes to Christmas (but of course I'm not quite as geeky as Sheldon).
(If these clips don't show...sorry, I'm new at this and I'm having problems. Click "watch on youtube"...you won't regret it.)
Then after all the stress of giving a gift of equal value (or in my case just making sure they like it at all) then I often wish I planned ahead like Sheldon does by buying SEVERAL gifts of different sizes and values so you can make sure to give the CORRECT gift in return.
Then of course I have to show the clip where they do the gift exchange...cause its hilarious.
But, I'm happy to report that I have been much more festive this year!
Okay, Okay....I admit it. Its more about competition than festiveness. I mean, is it bad that I probably wouldn't be "festive" at all had it not been for my family creating a "Christmas Spirit List" where if we do an item on the list we get points that go towards our family Christmas party auction?
But it has been fun and I'm glad we have the Christmas Spirit Lists. We've been keeping our days filled with crafts, projects, Christmas books, service, gifts, and of course reading scriptures about Christ's birth and His visitation to the Americas.
Here are some of the Christmas Spirit events going on at my house recently...
Decorating a Christmas tree ("poor man" style)
We took our mini IKEA plants and decorated them.
I thought the big one would be fun with Eden, but she didn't care for it too much. She instead took her own pieces of paper, made a few cuts, folded them up, and taped them to the wall. She was pretty impressed with herself too. And I must say, in the scheme of things....her snowflakes look much more like real snowflakes than mine. Leila just took the strips of leftover paper and drew on them. Tyson also made one, but I never got a picture of it because he did it later in the day (since we did the project while he was at work).
Here was my other invention. I attempted to make our house a little more Christmas looking by adding some hanging ornaments (where we usually hang a few lavender sprigs).
We also put up Christmas lights around our front window...but I haven't gotten around to taking a picture of it.
Eden also wrote Santa a letter. Well, I technically wrote it, but she told me what to write. And let me tell you, its hard to write as fast as she talks.
It may be hard to read...so this is what it says...
Dear Santa,
I'm gonna be a good girl this year.
I am going to sleep on Christmas
and not be naughty
and I will not fight
and I'll do the dishes with mommy
and I'll hug and kiss dad every time he comes.
Please Santa bring me a castle with
Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, her hairbrush and her chameleon.
For Christmas I want a
big, big, big, big, BIG,
big, big, big, BIG princess tent.
And that's all.
Love Eden (she signed herself)
She also drew a map so Santa could make sure to get to her Nana's house where she'll be staying on Christmas Eve. Hate for Santa to think we were still in Grand Junction when we're at Nana's.
Well, hopefully you hear from me again on more festivities that we've engaged ourselves in.
Happy Holidays everyone!





2 comments:
love the Spirit List idea! and I'm very impressed with your snowflake, I saw that online a few weeks ago but haven't been brave enough to attempt making my own yet. kudos!
I like your Christmas decorations!
You're Christmas tree, reminds me of me and David's Christmas tree for the first few years of our marriage: stringing lights on his yucca tree. I'm not gonna lie, Those were good times. I love everything about Christmas. Tonight we're going to do gingerbread houses. Wanna come?
Post a Comment