After my last post and hanging a CHRISTMAS picture up BEFORE Thanksgiving....
I realized that I need to go back in time and not forget fall. Fall is awesome. It deserves a spot in our house.
Inspiration came to me by ways of a library book. A Curious George Thanksgiving book. Thanks George and the Man with the Yellow Hat.
The girls and I went outside with little bags and collected leaves. The girls loved it.
Then we went inside and sifted through the leaves to find the BEST ones.
While Leila slept, Eden and I did leaf rubs and cut them out (alright, I admit that it was mostly me while Eden took the leaves I made and threw them into the air, put them in a box with her doll, and pretended they were other things).
Then I had Eden stand on the dining table (her favorite part) and tape the leaves on the wall. Eden put one leaf way out by itself...then after a while she decided that the leaf needed a friend.
But here's a picture of Leila the leaf collector after we had collected them all.
All in all, it was a lot of fun. They love it and we'll probably go leaf collecting several more times.





4 comments:
Abi LOVES leaf collecting. Every time she goes out she chooses a leaf. I miss you!
I love these fun, cheap, awesome ideas!
Awh your kids are so cute! And I love the crafts you did with them! =)
fun idea! and "leaf friends"... so cute.
Post a Comment