Saturday, September 24, 2011

Women's Conference

What a wonderful breath of fresh air.

Just take it all in.

*Inhale in....Exhale out*

Ahhhh. Wonderful.

I forget how fabulous conference time is. I was so glad that I could go listen to women's conference tonight. It just re-opened my eyes to life and made me feel happy inside.

A peek at what you missed if you didn't attend:

Julie B. Beck talked on the importance of women in the church and the Relief Society as a whole, as well as the importance of visiting teaching and to truly love and care for those you teach.

Silvia Alred talked on charity. The thing that made me think was when she talked about charity not being an ACT but a STATE of BEING to have with you always.

Barbara Thompson talked about cleaving to your covenants. There is so much joy, strength, and comfort that can be given to you if you cleave to your covenants.

Deiter F. Uchtdorf talked about the 5 petals of the "forget me not" flower. 1. Forget not to be patient with yourself. 2. Forget not to sacrifice things that are good for things that are better. 3. Forget not to be happy now. 4. Forget not the "why" of the gospel (remembering the gospel not as an obligation but as a joy, guidance, and pathway). 5. Forget not that God loves you.

Women's conference really made me think about what I should be doing to better myself. It gave me that push in the right direction. Knowing the things I should be focusing on in my life and letting go of the things that, in the end, aren't that important.

If you couldn't attend, go online and read it or listen to it when it is available. Get that breath of fresh air.

This post is short and sweet...very sweet.

4 comments:

De EspaƱa said...

I missed it but am planning to watch it tonight. Thanks for the recap. I love conference time too. And I love Pres Uchtdorf... so excited he spoke at women's conference and can't wait to watch it.

Nichelle said...

I thought Pres Uchtorf's talk was amazing!

Mom Sakamoto said...

I felt the same say! Women's conference was the BEST and I LOVED it! We couldn't stop talking about it in Relief Society today.

Pres. Uchtdorf's talk is one that will long be remembered.

Rachel said...

I love conference too. I often feel Pres Uchdorf is talking to me directly. I love that man.
His talk was definitely like a fresh of breath air. It was so uplifting and inspiring.

I can't wait for next weekend.