Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gotta Let Go

Last night, I only read a few verses of scripture before bed.

After the story of the 2,000 stripling warriors the battle continues. Soon there are so many people inside the prison that the people realize that they need to get rid of the prisoners or else they will grow too strong.

These few verses helped me.

Lately I've been hearing about people's problems and I've been putting that sadness and worry and trouble onto my shoulders...even if it doesn't help them. I couldn't help myself. I almost felt guilty for feeling happy when I knew others weren't happy.

Then there's my family.

Additional stress continues as I try to make things perfect at home. Make sure Eden and Leila are "perfect" children. Be the "best wife in the universe" for Tyson while he's busy studying for boards. Keep the house in "perfect" order.

And quite honestly, the more I TRIED, the worse things have become.

I'm still trying to fix up the mix up.

The house is a disaster and the kids are moody (cause I've been moody) and then Tyson ends up stressed and moody...and the downward spiral continues.

But I know that if I get rid of the unnecessary stress in my life (get rid of people in my prison) then things will be better.

Keep it simple.

There truly is a power that lies within simplicity.

I'm not saying that I'm not gonna start caring about other people, my children, and my husband. Definitely not the case. But I want to only take on burdens that I can do something about. Help those I'm able to help. Pray for those I can't help. Work on being happy and doing what I can. If I don't get EVERYTHING done, don't stress...tomorrow's another day.

Speaking of keeping it simple and getting rid of the unnecessary...

I need to spend less time on the internet. Period.

So, on that note, FAREWELL.

(I'll still blog on occasion, I'm not leaving that...just gonna pay more attention to my children right now.)

5 comments:

Nielsen Familia said...

Boy do I feel the same way my friend! Thanks for putting it in words. I am trying to focus on my children more lately. Trying to spend less time on the internet, but I can still do better. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed, like my efforts don't really matter. The house will be messy in about .2 seconds, why do I clean it every day!?? Anyway, I also am trying to just enjoy life, and stop trying to be "perfect" all the time!

Jessica said...

I totally understand! My problem then turns into depression and I end up not doing anything because I can't see pass what I can't do. Thanks for reminding me what I should be doing! Keep it simple!

Mom Sakamoto said...

I feel the same way sometimes. Usually it is that I am so worried about someone or something that I cannot think of anything else and it becomes such a burden that I feel totally overcome by it and I imagine every scenario of what I could do or what could happen. I don't even sleep well. I finally realized that Heavenly Father doesn't want me to feel that way. It is Satan that wants me to worry. So now I pray that if there is something I can do I am willing to do it and I also pray for that situation but I ALSO pray that I won't DWELL on it and I actually push it out of my mind if I start dwelling on it. I have been amazed how at peace I feel after I pray for this and how the burdens are lifted from me (literally).

Rachel said...

Amen, Sister!

Rachel said...

This is David, btw. Great post. Althouh, when you were originally talking about how there were getting to be too many prisoners to watch and they were afraid they were going to overpower the guards, I thought you were referring to your children. Man you have strong children! :)