Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dolls Have Blankies Too

Eden loves her blankie. She also loves dolls and her doll house. Eden recently discovered that these little plastic dolls with little plastic beds also have blankies. She used to just place the people, her favorite being a lego zoo keeper that obviously doesn't belong to the doll house set, on the bed so they could go "night night". Today I showed her that the attached to the bottom of the beds are little blankies. I wish everyone could have seen the excitement on her face to realize that these little plastic dolls had blankies too. (Notice her favorite green blankie is on the ground with her.) Wow. It was adorable. Unfortunately, for her little hands and coordination skills it was difficult to lift up the blankie, put the doll inside, tuck the doll in, and say "night night". But she succeeded...kind of. This video makes me laugh and I hope you guys can see it well and think its as funny as I do. She tries so hard and you can almost see the little wheels in her head turning as she tries to figure it out and then she's looks so happy in the end when she does it.

6 comments:

meagan said...

That is adorable. It's amazing how early little girls go into mothering mode (:

Rachel said...

Love the look on her face when she manages to do it--she's so proud of herself! Too cute.

Nate's watched the video like three times and says, "BABY EDEN!" over and over again. We need to hang out. Clearly my child is going through Eden withdrawls

Kristi Adams said...

She is so smart! Do all almost-one-year-olds know how to put their dolls to bed? I am seriously impressed!

Macie said...

Aww, that's so cute! I miss seeing you guys everyday. I can't believe how big Eden is getting. She's going to be so grown up the next time we see her!

Macie said...

P.S. No idea why it says that I'm "mommy"!

Laura Jett said...

lol. she is so cute!!